Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Top Ten for 2019

I love doing a top tens photo post looking back on a year. Tough to narrow it down to just ten so I tried to go with my gut and not overthink it. In chronological order, my 2019 favs:

These three. They are getting older by the year. I'm so thankful for all the time I get with them, for the relationships we are building. I second guess myself all the time as a mom...it is a joy and a challenge. I have many photos of the three of them, but this was an ordinary day after school...one of those first hints of spring after a long winter when life feels grand.


Last day of tax season and Shaun's birthday celebrated at 9pm. Thankful to be doing life by his side.


Our Koda Bear. He worked his way into all of our hearts and even though its a challenging dynamic, we love him and think he's pretty great. (Also, the shirt is very accurate...he was my alarm clock many a morning over the year.)


Florida is a welcomed exhale after tax season, a week we all look forward to each year. Shaun's such a great dad and I love watching these two together. The conversations they have!


Since we had to be in the city for my 6-month scans, we decided to stay a night and celebrate our wedding anniversary. Shaun pre-arranged everything...he bought show tickets and made dinner reservations at a place nicer than I would have agreed to. It was an amazing time. We reminisced about the past, dreamed about the future and gave thanks for the present. 25 years of marriage and clear scans...much to celebrate! So blessed!


For more than a year I prayed for a good and true friend for Avery. Sarah is the answer to those prayers. This year their friendship blossomed and its so special seeing them together.  As they both learn and grow they are supporting and cheering each other and having tons of fun. Thank you, God.


Shaun and I had a business trip to Seattle and it happened to be when the peonies were at their best. Pike Place Market had thousands upon thousands of perfectly blooming flowers. A gift.


Another gift was NO cancer. Six hard weeks and another surgery, but with a happy ending.


Three kids, six different fall sports schedules. Avery bravely tried out (and made) the high school team (and was a swing player for varsity) and Shaun coached Amanda's town team, maybe for the last time. He tried to express to the girls how special it was that they'd been playing together since they were three years old. They were undefeated and won a tournament, too.


So many hard things and fun things and learning things with this bunch. Together we experienced some low lows and high highs. I'm wildly inadequate to mother these people. But God.




1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.