Thursday, May 1, 2008

Painting Pink Pajamas

The girls' new room is nearly done. Its been a long process, but we are getting excited as we begin the finishing touches. The other night I was painting the closet and Avery wanted to be with me. For a while she was sitting on a shelf and we were chatting and giggling up then she started to ask if she could help (always so willing!) and since I couldn't think of one good reason to say no and discourage her, I set her up with a brush and some paint.
She spent nearly two hours in there with me, which, when I looked back later was a remarkable attention span for a 2-year old. This is a small closet we are talking about. She had a blast and we enjoyed each other's company. Oh, and the Painting Pink Pajamas title comes out of our favorite Dr. Suess book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.