Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Excellent Wife, Ch 6

God's Perfect Plan

Normally I try to write up my own take on the chapter and then read thru every one's posts and comments. This week just got away from me {insert excuse here} and it didn't happen. I got curious about what Leslie and others had to say, so I went ahead and read. I was surprised at the amount of controversy surrounding this chapter! Because there are already great posts on this chapter, I will leave you to go follow the comment path.

One of the things I underlined that made an impression on me was when Peace talked about the harmony that existing before the fall as Adam and Eve fulfilled their roles. "Indeed, one of the impacts of the fall was the beginning of sinful conflict. Subsequently, Christ came to redeem us from the curse and if you are 'in Christ' (as Christians), you and your husband...have the capacity to have the harmony in your marriage that God intended."

God gave Shaun to me and I believe His best plan is for us to fulfill our roles as husband and wife and to live in harmony. His way is so much better than anything we could pull together on our own and I desire to continually seek out the best!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to read that this chapter didn't frustrate you, too. Thanks for highlighting the positive points of this chapter. It is wonderful to know that Jesus can restore our relationships!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.