Monday, June 15, 2009

I Don't Have a Title

I'm feeling more desperate to check things off my "to-do" list before Baby. A very minor one that wasn't even on my list until I thought of it in that instant was to get a "kissing cousins" (the babies) picture. Here they are, just two months apart.


We had a burial service for Shaun's grandmother, who passed away in February. I chickened out on explaining the whole cremation thing to the girls, so instead they got to go to my moms. They swam in very cold lake water and had a blast. When I went to pick them up they were both half asleep on my mom's lap, sipping chocolate milk watching Veggies.

Shaun was very anxious to spend time with his family but still had work to do, so he thought it would be a good idea if his two and three-year-old daughters and very pregnant wife went to help him for a couple hours, then we'd all be together and could do something fun after.

So Avery got right to work cleaning...one of her favorite things to do...


...and sanding, which was something new and not too much fun.

Amanda carried a tape measure around and threw some little pieces of garbage away and got in Shaun's way. I took a couple pictures and raided the water and peanut M&M's in the refrigerator. And then Avery slipped on the floor she'd been washing and it started to become clear that our "help" was not as helpful as Shaun had first envisioned.


So, I packed up the girls and headed over to the grocery store down the street. They spent a while looking at the lobsters and asking me questions about them that I didn't know the answers to. Then we went over to the book aisle and read several stories together.


Then we headed back to the apartment and the girls found some fun in the driveway.


Finally Daddy was ready to go and he brought us to the long-awaited surprise...Chuck E.'s.


We walked out with a bag full of junk and some happy girls....all's well that ends well, as they say.

7 comments:

  1. I still cringe at the name Chuck E Cheese!!!! :)

    Love the picture of them puddle hopping!!! so precious!!!

    and how fun that you and your cousin will have babies close together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so relate you your appreciation for the simple things in life! I love it! I love the photo of the girls looking at the lobsters. Liliana calls them monsters and is also very intrigued by them. :o) You look AWESOME! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the puddle shot. That is the perfect entry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny about the lobsters. When Vanessa was little, she called them big bugs. It is funny how our lives overlap. My girls went swimming in cold lake water the other day also, 64 degrees outside. Sarah came by here after the ceramony and since school is out, the kids spent all day in the office today, like your girls helping with the apartment. They were also treated with a trip to clairs! Anyway, bla bla bla...I love the kids in the puddle! That's cute! I am happpy for you and Sienna with your new additions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hysterical!!!! Love your description of "help".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice belly shot! So many cousins! Have you too attempted a hug lately? I wonder if you could even pull it off....

    ReplyDelete
  7. great you all had so much fun!! Love the kiss picture!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.