Friday, June 12, 2009

Pregnancy-36 weeks

The "When are you due??" and "How much longer do you have??" questions have started to increase greatly, so I thought I'd finish out the last few weeks of this pregnancy posting weekly instead of monthly 'cause a month from now I'm really hoping to be holding my sweet little guy in my arms.
I am 36 weeks today. A friend asked me if it feels like its gone by fast and I really don’t think it has. I’ve tried to deliberately enjoy each part of it, because I think this will be my last pregnancy.
We are beginning to feel the usual buzz that comes with the end of a pregnancy. Shaun and I chat about our mental checklists and occasionally throw around names. Not sure why we have always struggled so much with that part of it. I guess the finality of the decision is a bit intimidating…at any rate, it has always taken us a long time to decide.
The girls seem to sense something is coming, too, although its hard to miss the baby. He’s so big now that when we are sitting on the couch together reading stories and he moves, everyone sees it and feels it. Last night when this happened, Avery spent some time playing with him and trying to identify body parts.
Avery was so young when I was pregnant with Amanda, there was really no way for her to understand. This time around, its been fun to share the experience with both of them. We told them at Christmas, so I can’t imagine how long this wait has seemed to them. We very rarely tell them things more than a couple hours in advance, simply to preserve our own sanity.
Shaun thinks I am “nesting” and after he pointed it out, I had to agree. I feel a desperate need to organize everything in sight, including stuff that hasn’t been touched in years (like my photos). I’ve also started hunting for some items for the guest room/nursery because I've decided the girly decor that's been in there for guest purposes is really not fair.

The weather has made it challenging but the girls and the dog and I are still getting out to do our three miles 6-7 days a week. I've also added 10-15 minutes of the elliptical most days because I know the strength and endurance that will be required of me in the next couple weeks and I want to be prepared.

It'll be here soon!
(sorry about the lack of paragraphs...not sure why its doing that, but I've messed with it as much as I'm going to)

4 comments:

  1. I am duly impressed....1st 3 miles at 36 weeks?!!! but to top it off, the eliptical?!!!! wow!! that is awesome...I wish I had done that when I was pregnant, but back then (way back then) you were discouraged to exercise.

    you look so darn cute!!! can't wait to see that boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowza, you are doing 3 miles a day? i am impressed. i should really consider something like that. i am just wore out most of the time. don't let the fast forward 12 years scare you, it all happens gradually and you evolve into a crazy scheduled woman a little over time! haha. i was always home with a low key schedule until around the jr. high years and then once high school started for one, it just doesn't seem to stop. but it's fun! and it won't be scary normally. :D enjoy the days at home where you can watch them play and hold your baby as long as you want to. i did and i have absolutely NO regrets. on my archives i have a video of the kids when they were close to yours ages in Nov. 08 if you get time to watch it, life was WAY different then! (it's not the greatest video but it shows how different things are)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am impressed - 3 miles - that is amazing!!!!
    Can't wait to hear the announcement Lisa-
    God be with you, your family and that sweet baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful belly shots - wish you all the best for the last 4 weeks and I´ll pray for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.