Monday, June 15, 2009

Scripture Memory #10

I just did a verse on refuge last month, but God is still speaking it to me. Last month was "Be my rock of refuge, to which I can always go; give the command to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress." Ps 71:3. Isn't that such a cool verse??
Just that word refuge has brought such a peace to me. I looked up the definition:

1.shelter or protection from danger, trouble, etc.: to take refuge from a storm.
2.a place of shelter, protection, or safety.
3.anything to which one has recourse for aid, relief, or escape.
Other words for refuge are security, safety, retreat, sanctuary, haven, stronghold
That's my God. He is big and powerful enough to be my refuge and can give the command to save me, yet He knows my name and lovingly speaks to me that He is my sanctuary, my haven. When I'm feeling overwhelmed or inadequate, he is my retreat. When I'm feeling afraid, He is my safety. Awesome!

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Psalm 46:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.