Friday, June 5, 2009

Pregnancy-35 weeks

After several failed attempts at having Avery take my picture, I resorted to doing it myself. I'm 35 weeks now and can feel the countdown coming on.

The website I read says:

he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

This is why I start I start getting a little impatient about this time. He's got everything he needs, he's just getting fatter and harder to push out. But I know better than to rush it. I am trusting in God's timing and enjoying the good life I have right now. I more or less go to bed when I want and I get up without an alarm clock. I get at least 20 minutes of a nap with my feet up most everyday. I even sleep through the night without interruption (not even bathroom trips).

The girls are so independent. They get themselves dressed, feed the themselves, play for hours on their own and take 2-3 hour naps at the same time everyday. Yeah, the good life. For being 2 and 3, I think they are pretty easy and I'm realistic enough to know a baby is going to change up our sweet routine just a bit.

I feel good and have nothing worth complaining about, however, I've definitely felt more pregnant with this one than the first two. The doctor has been happy with everything, in fact they've kept me to monthly appointments only so far.

Feeling blessed, that is for sure!


(Avery had put the flower in my hair and hers earlier in the afternoon. I'm trying to get them to understand that our flowers are to look at and enjoy where they are planted, and not to be picked)

8 comments:

  1. GREAT PICTURE!!! I REMEMBER THOSE DAYS! YOU'LL MAKE IT. KEEP BUSY.

    HUGS FROM MAINE

    ReplyDelete
  2. i remember feeling more preganant the third time around. some of it might have been that i was a little older and tireder from having 2 other kids to tend to. makes sense i guess. hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a great picture...you are carrying that baby all in the front!! Can not wait to see a picture of this little guy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing, as always! Avery and Amanda are such great, independent, well behaved, little kids! You do such a wondrful job with them. I am going to send Mason over to your house when he's that age and hopefully you can work your magic with him! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Took me a minute to figure out why your stairs were backwards...I thought Avery had the camera on the other end, but now I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you, Mama! Can't wait to "meet" your new little one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had no idea you were so far along. Wow! It won't be long now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great shot! love belly pictures!

    And I wish you all the best for the next weeks"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.