Sunday, June 28, 2009

Project 365, Week 26

June 21
Father's Day being on Sunday is a little tricky when your dad is a pastor...its his busiest day of the week! My sisters and me and our families surprised my dad and showed up at his church for service. The kids got to sing a song while he played his guitar and it was a big hit. My sister posted a short video.


Happy Father's Day, Shaun. After church we stopped for ice-cream on a dairy farm, then while the girls were napping, we watched a movie. In the evening we worked on the games and puzzles Avery had gotten for her birthday.

June 22
Nathan and Laryssa got Avery this make-your-own flip-flops kit, with the promise that Auntie Laryssa would come help Avery make them. After several phone calls in one day from Avery, Laryssa realized she better do it sooner rather than later. :) Avery was very pleased and now she and I have one-of-a-kind flip-flops! I haven't worn them out in public...yet.


June 23
Rain, rain, rain. The girls are so good about finding their own fun during all these rainy days we are stuck inside.

During a small window in between the rain, I loaded the girls in the stroller and we walked down to Main St to do some errands at the bank, post office and library. We figured we'd go play at the park for a little bit, but as soon as we got there the rain started. I hid under a tree but the girls didn't even seem to notice they were getting wet. When it didn't show signs of letting up, I called Shaun and asked him if he could pick us up on his way home. By the time he got there, the rain was slowing down.

June 24
Avery's birthday. We walked down the street to our local favorite breakfast place to celebrate with her.


June 25
Avery and Amanda got to attend Jared's elementary school graduation and spend some time with Auntie and Uncle Tony at their house.

June 26
Again, we got caught in the rain on the end of our walk, but this time, we got pelted with hail immediately and no tree was helping us stay dry. So, I made another call to Shaun, but just then our neighbor was driving home from work and spotted us. So, the girls and I, the double stroller and the dog all piled in his truck, completely soaked.
Later, this was the view from our front porch. THE most incredible rainbow I've ever seen. A double rainbow, both were full arches and very clear and vibrant.


June 27
We got a fairly early start to picking strawberries, in hopes of beating the rain that never came. The girls had fun, which was my main goal in the adventure, although I have to say being nine months pregnant took away much of the fun for me. The rest of the day, other than naps, we had a family day, helping daddy with some yard clean-up at one of the rental properties. We were so thankful for sunshine!

Go over to Sara's and see what other projects are out there...

7 comments:

  1. these are wonderful pictures...
    my favorite is the one with all the kids and grandpa!! what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a good photographer! I esp. enjoy the photos of your girls... they're very photogenic :-) And good sports about it too.

    How fun to surprise your dad on Father's Day! Loved the photo of your folks with all the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun to go pick strawberries!! theres a farm about an hour from here that my friends have been to to pick strawberries, but we havent ever been. i looks like a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great week!!!

    I wish we had a strawberry farm near by!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what awesome pictures! i couldn't pick a favorite, but that one in the strawberry patch is wonderful to me...you are a wonderful mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look as beautiful as ever my dear friend. YOu are in my thoughts and prayers so often these days. HOpe the next couple of weeks go peacfully. Enjoy them they will end before you know it. much love ps we are finally catching up on sleep Symeon has been sleeping from 8 to 8 or 9 every night and Marin has only been up 1 time a night to nurse. Thank you God is all I keep saying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great week :)

    The kids at the park and in the rain are so cute! They really don't care, do they?

    I love the picture of the rainbow. They're hard to capture!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.