Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Little Momma

Yesterday Avery spent some time going through a bin of tiny boy clothes we were given. I kept hearing, "Oh, Mom! Look how cute!", "This is SO tiny", "Baby Brother can wear this", "Mom! Isn't this sweet!?", etc. Its still a bit surreal that a real person of the male gender will be filling those clothes very soon, but I know its true. (excuse the bare sheetrock in the background...I'll have to use a wider aperature next time :) )


Avery took it upon herself to conduct Breastfeeding 101 for her sister and, I have to say,
she did a better job than the nurse who presented at my pre-natal class.


Avery fed her baby throughout the entire day and when she woke up this morning she said, "Mom, I'm going to wear this dress so it will be easy to feed my baby." Oh, my. How old IS this girl? I just know she's going to be a huge help when her brother arrives.



Then there's Amanda...

9 comments:

  1. they are so adorable!... i can remember the laundry looking so different after my son was born, i would see the dryer full of baby blue stuff and it was such a change from the pink loads we were used to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amazing! I can't wait to see pics of the girls with the real baby when he makes his debut.

    Oh, and I've been meaning to tell you a little more about that picture of me as Britney Spears! It was Homecoming week and that day was "dress as a celebrity" day. I didn't just randomly dress up like that.
    Your comment about being serious as a student is so true! I had lots of students who "didn't get me." Most were the more mature girls! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute pictures! Avery reminds me of Vanessa who was almost 3.5 when sydney was born. She would feed her baby and I would feed mine. I wonder if we are lucky to have the mature ones first or if they are mature BECAUSE they are first. A boy is certainly going to be a change!I'm sure you'll love every second of it! Your children are just like my sister, brother and I. There was me, 3.5, Mandy, 1.5 and Travis...0....Close anyway...Funny thi middle ones are both Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH. MY. WORD. This is priceless!!! And also describes their two personalities so well. You are blessed to have both, they are a nice balance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tell ya I could have used Avery's assistance many times over the last few weeks. She is the sweetest. I will be in CT all of next week hope to see you all. love ya

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a sweet post. I wish I could see Avery's face when she meets her brother for the first time. He's definitely going to have more than one mommy : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh how cute are these pictures!! Really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad Kate isn't the only one who breastfeeds her baby! So cute! She is going to be such a good helper to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.