Sunday, June 14, 2009

Project 365, Week 24

June 7
The girls have seen very little of Daddy over these last couple weeks, so when he is home, this is about as far from him as they want to get. They are working on letters here...typical second-born treatment I guess...before Avery was two she could identify all the letters, Amanda's been two for months now and still doesn't have a complete handle on them...totally our fault for dropping the ball with her.

June 8
They stopped in front of my "decks" (desk) and asked me to take a picture.


June 9
Avery took this picture after Amanda had applied chapstick by herself.

June 10
My sister Bethany dropped by and brought over a couple things for my girls that her girls had loved but were done with. This princess castle was one of the things, along with a barbie for each of them. They escaped to their room for the rest of the day. They call the barbies princesses because they live in a castle...makes sense to me.

June 11
After leaving the house at 7 AM, this is the time Shaun rolled in (PM). He's been doing this pace for several weeks now, trying to get an apartment ready to be moved in to, and its wearing us all down. Its all part of being a landlord, and though I'm thankful for God's provision and for Shaun's abilities, its tough being in the middle of it. But...it will be over...soon.
June 12
Avery greeting me first thing in the morning. This doll has gone with her everywhere lately. Kinda cool because it was one of my favorites when I was little.


June 13
Avery and I went to my niece Madison's dance recital. She was in five different numbers and she was also honored for 5 years of dancing, all at this studio. Here she is the leader for the little ones.

Later, Shaun's mom had us over for dinner, complete with brownie sundaes and the girls got to play with Cousin Jared.


You can click over to Sara's place to see more projects!

11 comments:

  1. I'm exhausted listening to Shaun's day! The girls are as always so cute. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the chapstick picture cracked me up!! I have a pic of Alyssa that age with chapstick she got at Xmas....we didn't know it turned RED after a few minutes....we found out after she applied it to herself AND me....we also found out it didn't come off easily and I had to go to church like that! ha!

    btw, you never get rid of plastic....it just gets bigger!! sorry!

    great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your pics this week!
    that barbie castle rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute pics of your girls!! They are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! And since princesses have to live in castles, makes sense to me too :-)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sweet girls
    love the pics
    i loved playing barbie as a kid
    that would have been a favorite of mine too...a castle!!
    fun times 4 sure
    prayers hubby gets lots of rest

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's great that you are with the girls so Shaun can do what he's got to do. great pictures as always! i love that princess house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How do you get them to "let you" work at your desk??? My two are so jealous of my desk and I am hardly ever at it during the day... they just want to sit on my lap the whole time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have worked from home ever since Avery was a tiny baby, so they've had to learn when momma is working and its time to self-entertain. I try to work as much as possible when they are sleeping (morning, nap, or in the evening when Shaun is around), but sometimes there are things I HAVE to do.

    They've just grown up with it and for the most part they understand it and are really good about playing by themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your girls are so cute in these pictures and the chapstick picture is adorable. And I love that clock!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.