Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wednesday's Walk ~ Baby Girls

I recently found this fun posting idea at The Goodwin Family, hosted by Jenilee.  Its for just what it says, a walk down memory lane.  Since I only started blogging in 2008, there are plenty of memories that are not well-documented.  I went back to this time three years ago, March 2007 when the girls were 3 and 20 months.  Oh, such incredibly fun days!  As I recall, the only reason for this photo shoot was because they had matching outfits....to this day, still seems like a very valid reason to me.

An excerpt from my journal for Amanda:

March 14, 2007


We snuggled this morning—I sat in a chair holding you against my chest feeling your warmth and your hand, one fist firmly wrapped around my shirt. At one point you pulled away and looked up at me with your gorgeous green eyes and I sighed a very contented, happy sigh, so thankful for the moment and for you in my life.

Excerpt from my journal for Avery:

March 12, 2007

Blank!  Maybe I started and got called away or maybe I wrote and didn't save it properly or the computer had a fit.  Whatever the reason, I wish there was something there.  What was I feeling, thinking, loving, struggling with?  Yet another incentive for me to blog!


8 comments:

  1. I loved taking pictures of my kids for no reason other than they are just precious. Cute adorable girls. Love the matching outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I love the last one of their feet. :) Thank you for joining in with us! I loved reading your post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, what a sweet idea to post journal entries!

    Visiting from Wednesday Walk:
    http://staceyplaisance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my word...I never realized how much Aiden looks like Amanda. I actually thought "what is she doing putting that boy in a matching outfit with his sister"! ha! but that 2nd picture looks soooo much like Aiden...wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute children in their pretty purple outfits. Thanks for sharing the journal memories too.

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  6. Precious !! I am with Sara - WOW - Aiden and Amanda that is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to meet you via Wednesday's Walk! You have a beautiful family! Such great pictures! And you've made me realize how thankful I'm going to be years down the road that I have this blog as a gigantic memory book. We don't have children yet, and I'm looking forward to journaling our lives once we start a family. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.