Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Sunday

Easter.  What a very special day.  

We went to church Saturday night, so the morning was spent cooking and preparing for an afternoon/evening of hosting.  This year was our biggest Easter yet...we had 39 people here!  Shaun and I love having our house full....its what it was made for.

We started the day with a prayer of thanks and then dug into the brunch that everyone contributed to...SO yummy!
 I love this picture of my BILs.  They are two of the biggest people-person people I know...love them both.

 With the Red Sox playing extra innings, our new-to-the-living-room TV got some good use.

I was there!  :)
These are all of the cousins on both sides (minus one, plus Z)...talk about a gaggle of kids!  We let the 1, 2 & 3 year-olds go first and after they'd had a little while the older kids were released.  For the five oldest, my Sarah put together a treasure hunt with clues and puzzles to solve with a "treasure chest" at the end. 










I love this picture, too of the zaniest five year-olds you'd ever want to meet.  :)
For the kids, half the eggs were filled with candy and half were filled with money.  At the end we collected the money and Amy explained that we'd be sending it to the Kitchen of Love to help feed kids in Guatemala.  They were all really sweet about it.
It was a fabulous day spent with fabulous people.  So very grateful for family!

O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
I Corinthians 15:55


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.