Wednesday, April 25, 2012

No Place Like Home

We are back, and its so good to be home!  We got in about 11 PM and when I transferred Aiden to his bed, he was literally giggling about being in it.

No matter where we go or how long we're gone, it is always such a good feeling coming home.  Truly, there is no place like home.

Vacation was wonderful!  It was a time of re-connecting with Shaun, getting to know Z better, spending one-on-one time with each of my kids, unplugging and sloooowwing down from the frantic pace we've been at for way too long.  It was really, really, really good for my soul.

Shaun and I thoroughly enjoyed each other's company...had some good talks and good laughs...even sang to the radio together.  We simply enjoyed being in the same air space together.

I'm completely in awe of and in love with him.  He took the six of us on such a long journey so competently...we never once took a wrong turn and he timed the traffic well so we weren't sitting in rush hours.  He has never-ending patience and a great big heart for all of us.  We are so blessed to have him as our fearless leader!

The kids were amazing travelers.  We brought snacks and closely monitored beverage intake and were able to keep the stops down to a bare minimum.  They were well stocked with movies and books and got some sleeping in, too.  Really, we couldn't have demanded much more of them and they rose to the challenge.

My goal is to have the trip posted in its entirety before week's end.  We'll see!

My lilac's greeted me this morning when I stepped out to walk the kids to school.  Its a great day to be alive!


Now it happened as they journeyed on the road, that someone said to Him, “Lord, I will follow You wherever You go.”
Luke 9:57

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.