Saturday, April 28, 2012

Florida Trip, Monday

We ended our Florida stay with a bang...Disney!  The weekend had been on and off rain...that's the only explanation we could come up with for why there were SO MANY people.  Nana and John have been to Magic Kingdom countless times and they said, without a doubt, it was the most crowded they'd ever seen it.

But first we had to wake up!  :)



 Our group in its entirety, minus Z who was taking the picture.


Lucky me, Amanda chose me as her car partner....she did the steering wheel, I did the gas.




 I walked through the rose gardens with Aiden so he'd take a nap...took about 3.5 minutes before he was out.  :)













After the fireworks, we caught the first ferry back to the parking lot and drove back to our hotel 1.5 hours away.  As we got closer, Shaun and I started talking about the possibility of beginning our drive home that night.  Our original plan to sleep in the hotel that night and then leave at 6 AM started to seem silly when we already had a car full of sound asleep kids.

So, we ran up to our rooms, tossed clothes into suitcases and had the car loaded up and were back on the road in about 10 minutes.  That was 1 AM...the first kid didn't wake up until 8:30 AM.  It was funny to listen to them try to make sense of where we were, what day it was, how it all happened.

Shaun did a great job, I only drove four of the 22 hours.  We arrived home at 11 PM (again with sleeping kids), happy to be home an entire day early.

Though I was raised on road trips, I wasn't sure how our family would do with it....it ended up being one of the highlights of the trip for me.  Hours and hours of time with Shaun trapped right next to me.  :)

It was a great trip and we're so very grateful to have had the opportunity to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.