Friday, July 5, 2013

June's Goals Review



I'm losing heart with these goals as we continue to be singularly focused on "the house".....getting to where we want to be tomorrow, or at least next month.  Though it was "out there" in December when I was putting together these goals, it certainly was not a reality.  Even with the craziness of the house, I still think these things are important, but my interest has waned.

For instance, I almost always read before I fall asleep at night.  These days, my up-too-early, doing-physical-work-all-day body gives up earlier on me.  And, I lost my treadmill reading time, so the end result is I'm not reading as much.

Still lots of year left though!

*Read through the Bible in a year.  I'm on track with this....it makes so much sense to read the Bible through in chronological order....thankful to NOT live in Bible times!!

*Memorize 24 scriptures this year. 

The heaven declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands.  Psalm 19:1

And...


*Declutter one room each month.  Did not do this.

*Answer my family with a smile.  I'm continuing to be aware of this, and I feel like I'm doing better overall.

*Read two books each month.  I completed just one, Like Dandelion Dust, by Karen Kingsbury.
It was about a couple who adopted a boy and after four years, the birth parents changed their mind and sought to get him back.

*Run a half and a full marathon. 

Check and check!

Total miles run in June: 3 (Its killing me!  If I'm nasty to you, now you know why.  20 minutes of Jillian Michaels just does not provide enough endorphins to feed my addiction)

*Write 52 notes of encouragement, thinking of you.  Five notes.

*Clear off my desk each evening.  Twelve times. 

*Spend 15 minutes a day working on a project.  16 days.

*At least two dates/month.  Done.  We watched a movie together and snuck in a breakfast out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.