Sunday, July 7, 2013

Project 365, Week 27

I love Independence Day, don't you?  Traditionally, we are on vacation during that week but more importantly, I love it when we as Americans corporately celebrate our freedom.  I'm so very proud and thankful to be an American.

There was lots of water involved in this week as we worked to beat the (wonderful, wait all year for this, feel bad for my husband who can't stand to work in it) heat.

June 30
My dad has poured his heart and time into several necessary and extensive renovations at his church.  This day was a celebration of those projects being completed and a rededication of the building.




 Then we hit the road to Maine!

 July 1
Father and son fishing.
 July 2
Rainy day with LOTS of games played.
 What could be better than cousin time??
 July 3
Fishing, again....
 July 4
Happy 4th!!

 July 5
Uncle Micah gave Z a much needed haircut (yay!) and after, there was a water balloon fight.

 July 6
The kids and I drove 1.5 hours to pick up a respite kid, R from Boy Scout Camp.  Poor kid got word while at camp that he didn't have a place to go back to.

I realized as I pulled into the parking lot with a sea of people that I didn't even know his last name.  I went up to a person who looked like they were in charge and asked where I might find R.  R who?  What's his last name?  I don't know.  What's his Troop number?  I have no idea.  (thinking, how is this my life?  Driving across the state with less than 24 hours notice to pick up a boy whose last name I don't even know to introduce myself and say Hi, I'm the stranger you are going home with)

I must have looked lost because eventually someone came up to me and said, Are you Lisa?

Having had Z for so long, I forgot how hard the beginning is while we set expectations and get to know each other.
 After church, we hit the river.

1 comment:

  1. Love love love the picture with all the kids in their patriotic gear! Would you believe the only thing I could figure out to wear on the 4th was a Cincinnati Reds t-shirt with my jeans? At least the color was right :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.