Tuesday, July 30, 2013

House Project {Week 17}

This is going to be a brief post.  If I could adequately describe our lives right now, you still wouldn't believe me.  BUT, much of it is for a time and it all stems from deliberate choices we've made.  But let me tell you...its crAzY!  :)

Imagine how bad I felt having to tell the guys I didn't like the bedroom furniture they had hauled all the way up to the third floor.  I've never bought a bedroom set before and it simply never occurred to me to measure it out first.  It was WAY too bulky for the space and blocked most of our two windows.
Much better!

Nasty pipe work in a cramped, hot space.Nasty pipe work in a cramped, hot space.



Shaun discovered the issue with the central air unit was electrical, so after a bit of work he had it running.  I went out to take a picture of the unit to document and I found this little guy having a blast in the mud.



Tough stuff packing up this house....its also SUCH a strange feeling going from one house to the next, maybe because they are only two blocks away?










Another bathroom (or soon to be!)
The stars on my office ceiling came off....though we knew it would leave a mark, it just wasn't going to work with my "motif" to have them there.

The living room with the trim completed.
The back door...
Hard to see them, but I'm talking to Shaun and Avery who are sticking their heads out the third floor window.
I know its strange, but I really like going to the dump.  Something about getting rid of stuff forEVER that is very satisfying.
Lots of UNO around this house.
Day 1 with R full time.  Shaun is giving the whole crew the low down on how things are going to go.
Now that we have two more people (R and my nephew Jared), it was time to split up between the two houses.  My new bed arrived so we stole the box spring from our old bed.  I keep a couple keepsake boxes under my bed that Avery started digging into.
Many treasures, this one made me laugh....our student IDs from our first (and my only) year at UCONN.  Our social security numbers are plastered all over the front of these.  Man, that guy is handsome!
SO happy with the new bed!  It still covers the windows but doesn't block any light!

1 comment:

  1. I love these posts because I love to see the progress! Although I also love the random pics of the kids in random places. Like the master shower, for example. Probably my fave from this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.