Monday, July 8, 2013

House Project {Week 14}

We went a little crazy and took three days off this past week to do a family vacation, so progress was a little slower this week.  The time away was nice though.  :)


 This is standing in the bedroom, looking into the bathroom.  We opted to paint the tile that is on ALL the walls as opposed to ripping it off.  After reading up on it, it seems to be a fairly common thing.  Shaun sanded it, primed it then painted it...hopefully it sticks!

In our heads, we pictured it turning out a little differently, but really it just looks like a new color tile.  The shower and vanity are dark, so I wanted a light paint color that would highlight both those features.    Once it was up on the walls, it seemed a little non-descipt to me, but hopefully once its all put together it will make sense.  I do like the way it offsets the shower tile.


 I'm SO happy with the way my shower turned out.  My sister stopped by for two minutes yesterday and saw it.  She said, what was so hard about picking out this tile??  I took it as a compliment that it all goes together so well.  :)  And I also understand her perspective.  When you see a finished project, its impossible to know how much thought and planning and running around and mistakes and second-guessing and work goes into it all.

Since I'm not terribly creative, walking through isles and isles of tile, with a blank slate at home, makes my head spin a little.  I'm ever cheap price-conscious, so that is always a factor to me.  We also know this will not be our forever home, so I try to be mindful of what it will look like to buyers as well.

And, I want it to be something I really like.  I am ecstatic with how it turned out!!  Just needs some grout and finishing touches, and we'll be on to the next thing.  Maybe we'll try it out this week!  :)
Inside looking out.








 Fresh-picked from my yard!  Admittedly they look at little out of place amidst the dust and hammers, but it reminds me that someday this will be a normal home, where people live and relax and have dinner parties.  :)

Third bedroom on the third floor, prepped for some ceiling work.

 Pins this week:

Still holding out for my large, rustic dining table.  :)

 Coffee is very big in my life, so I'm trying to work my kitchen around it.  I saw this and thought it might work well to have it in my office.  Hmmm...
 We love Dr. Suess here...this would be cute on a wall in the reading nook.
 SO pretty!
 Ahhh.....there may be a time in my life when I can sit on my porch and read or sit or sleep.  This would be the perfect spot to do those activities

1 comment:

  1. Love the coffee area - what a great idea !!!

    Shower looks awesome too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.