Sunday, July 28, 2013

Project 365, Week 30

Happy Sunday morning!  I am beginning this post after waking up for the first time at the new house.  Our three kids are up on the third floor sleeping on the girls' closet floor and Shaun is at the old house with four sleeping boys.

I'm still trying to process yesterday, one of the more chaotic days we've ever had.  I wouldn't even know how to recreate it but it was intense...and humorous.  A couple of the major, possibly life-changing highlights were showing our old house to someone who wants it...in two weeks!  Please pray that this man's job prospect comes through and they are able to rent the house.

The other was our respite kid coming back from camp with the news that he is not going back this week as we'd planned, but instead will be staying with us. 

How long will that be?  Well, he has no place to go now and the agency would like us to take him as he finishes his last two years of high school.   The ball is in our court.  Please pray for wisdom and discernment as we go through this "trial" week with him.

I've had lots of people asking, so I'll update on Z, too.  DCF is forging ahead with their plan to have all three kids reunified with their mom by August 16.  His visits have been increasing and it looks like it is actually going to happen.  I helped him box up some of his room yesterday and it was such a bummer.  Not going to lie that I'm kinda happy for the distractions we have going on right now.  Please pray for him as he wrestles with a wide variety of emotions and begins to make this transition.

I think those are the biggest updates.  How about a quick look at our week, and then I have to go pack!  :)

July 21
We went to drop off R at camp.  Avery had only been there once and as we walked up to his tent, Avery said, Ugh, its so...nature-y here.  :)  The kids were delighted to find this little peeper.

 July 22
Church Kids Camp drop off with cousins.  The decision of whether or not Z could go went down to the wire, but he made it!
 Amanda and Aiden were working Uncle Nathan hard for a ride.
 July 23
I spent the day at the house packing.  It started to really hit me that we'll be leaving this house we've loved for the last 15 years.  I'm grateful to be moving under these circumstances, but its still hard going room to room thinking of all the memories we've made here.

I took a picture of the kitchen to post in our ad....this has been a favorite room....so much life has happened here.

 July 24
Running new house errands.
 July 25
Rain all day and it kind of fit my mood.
 Stories while I prepared dinner.
 July 26
Avery loves all the little detail jobs.  She was ecstatic about filling nail holes in the trim.
 July 27
Shaun was giving everyone a rundown of the night and morning schedule.
 Jared and C4 were happy to be together.  I watched them playing for a bit, reminiscing about the times we had when they were babies and toddlers, long before I had children of my own.  Oh, the fun we had!

I told them one night I remember in particular when I was babysitting the two of them....they were not yet walking and both of them cried when I put them down.  So for several hours I sat in the middle of the living room floor and played with them and they were happy as long as they were touching me.  Now they are teenagers, but still so sweet to their Auntie.  :)
That's our week, hope yours is great.  Ours promises to be, umm..hectic and blessed, for sure.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow - lots of craziness going on! It's cool that your house might be rented. Still so sorry about Z :( But on the other hand, this might be the best for him in the long run.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.