Thursday, October 30, 2008

Everything Is Yours

At the last minute, my sister and I decided to go a concert last night. It was The United Tour with Michael W. Smith and Steven Curtis Chapman. New England does not get many Christian concert, so its always a special treat when one comes.

I felt old being there. I mean, these guys were top when I was a teenager and Michael W. Smith mentioned he just completed his 21st album. What was cool about the age thing though is each one had a son playing in the band. Caleb Chapman was on bass guitar and Tyler Smith was on keyboard.

They did several songs together and then each did some solos. During Chapman's performance, I alternated between a lump in my throat and tears streaming down my face. He spoke of life after May 21st.

He said he has had to go through each song and decide for himself if its something he still believes, if its something he can still sing with conviction. Steven said there are many things he does not understand about God, but the things he does know about God are more true to him today than they ever have been.

That God is sovereign, that He knows the plans for us, that He is faithful.

And its all Yours, God, Yours, God
Everything is Yours
From the stars in the sky
To the depths of the ocean floor
And its all Yours, God, Yours, God
Everything is Yours
You're the Maker and Keeper,
Father and Ruler of everything

It's all Yours, God
It's all Yours, God
It's all Yours, God
It's all Yours, God

The glory is Yours, God
All the honor is Yours, God
The power is Yours, God
The glory is Yours, God
You're the King of Kings And Lord of Lords

And its all Yours, God, Yours, God
Everything is Yours
From the stars in the sky
To the depths of the ocean floor
And its all Yours, God, Yours, God
Everything is Yours
All the greatness and power, the glory and splendor and majesty
Everything is Yours
Yeah, it's all Yours
We are Yours

The glory and honor is Yours,
everything is Yours
It's all Yours, God

My life is Yours,
my heart is Yours
My hands and my feet are Yours
Every song that I sing
It's all Yours, all is Yours
All belongs to You
Our gifts are Yours, God
All our dreams are Yours, God
All our plans are Yours, God
The whole earth is Yours, God
Everything is Yours

Michael W. Smith spoke of a life-changing moment many years ago when he felt God's love and acceptance so strongly that it changed his life.

God loves us, he likes us and is actually quite fond of us. And there is not a thing we can do to earn that love. It is given freely to us, though undeserved.

And each day we awake with new grace and mercy and favor.

Awesome truths!



Smith on keyboard, Chapman on guitar


Chapman on keyboard, Smtih on guitar

6 comments:

  1. That had to be an emotional evening! Glad you got to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an awesome experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I would so love to see Steven Curtis Chapman in concert! I really admire him and his family! Such a great man of faith and strength. I was so heartbroken to learn the news of his little girls' passing. So very tragic, but out of tradedy comes hope that springs eternal. What a tremendous blessing that God give us that each and everyday!!

    Enjoy your Thursday, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. Everything really is His.
    What a good night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is hard to believe that these guys were doing there thing when I was a kid...and they're still at it, except with THEIR kids now. Wow. I would love to go see SCC, and like you, I'm sure I would bawl through the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so wanted to go to this concert but our schedules wouldn't allow it to happen! So glad you and Amy were able to go. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.