Friday, October 31, 2008

A Heart for Missions Prayer

So, I found the secret to making time go a little slower...commit to posting everyday, and with a new and fresh and amazing picture! It wasn't as easy as I thought. Thank you for sticking with me for the month. In addition to giving us something specific to pray over our children, I think the prayers also serve as a reminder of the things we need to be teaching them and living ourselves.

This exercise also served as a reminder to me how much beauty there is all around me and I've got the girls trained to look for pretty trees. I'm so thankful for God's word and for the power of prayer!
A Heart For Missions
Lord, please help my children to develop a desire to see your glory declared among the nations, your marvelous deeds among all peoples.
Psalm 96:3

5 comments:

  1. Love the picture, Lisa! The thoughts that go along with it are great, too! Thanks for helping us to keep things in perspective.

    Blessings to you today!! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love that you do this. I have a little scrapbook a friend made when my first son was born with prayers just like this (and with verses) I SO love it and because of you, I now have many more. :)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SO right Lisa, What a great focus for us all....prayer and God's beauty and glory
    !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for posting these prayers daily. I have looked forward to them eachh day. I will probably keep referring to them long after this month is over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great prayer. I am so grateful for parents who instilled within me a heart for missions, and for a local church body that shares that passion for going into all the world and making disciples.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.