Sunday, May 17, 2009

Carnival Capers

This may sound like heresy to some, but Shaun and I are not into carnivals, fairs, Disney World, etc. I won't be a kill-joy and list all of our reasons, but suffice it to say we've just stayed away.

However...we have started to dabble in these activities because in our house live two little girls. And each one of these girls has a little finger. And on those little fingers is wrapped a daddy who is made of mush when it comes to his girls.

Little by little they are learning that asking "Please Daddy?", with a sweet look or a little hug thrown in will get them just about anything inside our rules. And wisely, they are also learning to take me right out of the equation so their daddy doesn't have to back me up when I've told them no.

So when we passed the carnival that was in town for a couple days, they'd barely gotten their request out when Shaun said, "Sure! I'll take you." So, for the first time in the 15 years we've lived in this town, we walked down to the carnival. I started the walk trying to calculate how much money we were going to waste, irresponsibly blow, however you want to phrase it, but my thoughts were drowned out by the gleeful squeals and giggles as we got closer. Oh, and the smiles! Totally worth the few bucks we spent on rides.



The "kids win every time" booth.

Here we are leaving with our typical pile of free loot, given by people who, in spite of themselves, get totally sucked into Amanda's charms and start loading her up with stuff.

Daddy ended our special family time by taking us to Friendly's for ice-cream...a surprise and a treat!

5 comments:

  1. wonderful pictures!! Seems the girls had enjoyed the fair!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way! I really don't like carnivals, fairs, etc...but yes, we go now. The boys love it, and I found out I accidentally have fun too :)

    Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avery went on a ride??...so brave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a wonderful time! you will now have to go every year, you know that right? hehe. they got a taste of the good life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your "Kids Win Everytime Booth" shot. It just draws you in... so many levels there.
    I despise carnivals and fairs -- they just seem so worldly -- BUT your photos actually make it look like a wonderland!!!!
    :-)
    Great pictures. thank you for sharing them.
    ~es.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.