Saturday, May 30, 2009

Celebrating 15 Years

Today Shaun and I are celebrating our 15th (gasp!) wedding anniversary. I think we both thought we'd be celebrating the event in somewhere like St. Thomas...

Or Mexico...

Or Aruba...

But for several reasons, we are not able to do that this year. The main reason is that at 34 weeks I look like this (which I hope is made to look worse than it actually is by the angle of a three-year-old) and the airlines would not be happy to see me show up. My doctor would not be thrilled with any length of travel time either.

Also, Shaun has a looming deadline for an apartment that has been promised to be ready for occupancy very soon and has been spending every spare moment there.
So...we will make the very best of day that we get to spend together (without children). It truly is a day to celebrate. We are celebrating the faithfulness God has shown us over these years together and the blessings He pours out on us every.day.
Shaun is my gift from God and I am so thankful He put us together. I still don't know how I managed to snag such a man, but I do know I got the best of the best. Each year has been better than the last and I look forward to all the good things God has for us in the next 15.

10 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!

    Isn't it amazing how deeply in love we thought we were with our husbands on our wedding day....but each year it gets deeper and now I think I had no idea how wonderful it would be!!!

    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary. And you look great pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy anniversary! some of them just work out that way where we can't go anywhere...at least you two have done some really nice things in the past to hold you over. :D - it looks like that little boy is just about ready to meet us all! i can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy Anniversary!! Glad you are having such a wonderful DH - you are really blessed!!

    Enjoy your great day!! Love your belly shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You snagged a great man because you are a wonderful, great woman. You are good together and I'm thankful you're a happy, Godly couple. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary girl! You look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!! You guys should be very, very proud of such a beautiful thing you have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this post!!! Had me LOL. Great job Avery! You made Mommy look soooo special!

    Happy 15th! Here's to the next 15!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 15th Anniversary! May 30 is a great day to get married :) Glad you had a nice time in Boston & love the preggo belly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.