Monday, May 18, 2009

Seeing is Believing

Seeing is believing, and that is the only way I can know that this story is true. I mentioned that my sister is several states away adopting her son Levi, who was born on the 14th.

On the 16th, my dear friend Shelva called to tell me she'd given birth to a sweet baby girl, Marin. Since she lives in the same major city where my sister is adopting, I asked her what hospital she was at and it turns out they are at THE SAME HOSPITAL!

Shelva and I were best friends, completely inseparable while we were teenagers. I still remember the day she left me as I stood crying in her driveway. Actually, she was just leaving for college, but I can still very clearly recall that feeling. Its been nearly 16 years since that day and she hasn't lived here since, but we've remained very close.

And Bethany's been my sister since...well, since she was born. And she's off on this journey to adopt that has seen miracle after miracle in such a short amount of time. I think its just one more small one that she and Shelva were able to connect. God is just WAY cool!

Shelva and Marin, Bethany and Levi
"All the days ordained for me were written in your
book before one of them came to be."
Psalm 139:16

10 comments:

  1. how cool is that!?! it certainly made me smile this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I LOVE it!! What a blessing to have those 2 special women together with their 2 special babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool..Amazing. I love when that kind of stuff happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only God - and how STINKIN cool is He!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that´s so wonderful - and everything is in God´s hand!!

    What a blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this!! I am so thrilled for Bethany! Such a miracle!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! Congratulations to your sister. And happy birthday to Levi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is a really neat story! God is really cool about stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is truly amazing! I love looking at these two amazing mamas and seeing the love and joy on their faces.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww ... new babies :) What a great story and congrats to your sister!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.