Sunday, May 31, 2009

Project 365, Week 22

May 24
We won't soon forget the rain and hail storm we had right in the middle of Micah's graduation celebration. This is Amanda dancing to "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head" with her great-grandparents.

May 25
I had the privilege of being among the guests at Nathan and Laryssa's house for their very first cookout. Parts of both sides of the family were there and the day was gorgeous for Memorial Day. I was without husband and children, so I never thought to take my camera out. If I had, I would have taken a picture of the very yummy strawberry shortcake my sister-in-law made. There was some debate as to the "correct" and "best" way to make this dessert, but Micah and I both agreed Laryssa did it just right. Unfortunately for her, she is signed up to bring that to the next three years of family gatherings. :)

May 26
Riley took off on Friday morning, right after our walk and his breakfast. He's done this before, but always comes back within a couple hours. This time he didn't and the town closed at noon for the long weekend. However, the pound called first thing Tuesday morning and said they had him. When I was writing the check to bail him out, I asked how much it would cost me to have them keep him and they said there was no amount of money they would take. So...back he came with us and we're all happy to have the dumb dog home.

May 27
Avery has spent hours doing her new puzzle this week. Its 63 pieces and she whips it out in no time. She's also learning how to guide her sister to be helpful and not in the way.

May 28
Amanda praying over lunch. Her standard prayer for months now, whether for meals, or bedtime or on our walks is: "Jesus, I pray that you would keep Daddy safe and in your care. Guard effing (everything) he do." Sometimes it end with an emphatic A-MEN and other times she'll tack other things on the end. So sweet.

May 29
I have a new nephew! Rocco Quinn arrived safely today and we are so thankful to have him here.

My sister Amy and her family of seven. They are incredible parents who will be leaning on the Lord even more now. I know this new little guy is going to fit right into their family and our extended family.

May 30
We like to make a big deal of our wedding anniversary each year (meaning I like to and Shaun humors me...he'd be just as happy snuggling on the couch at home and watching a Red Sox game). At the last minute Shaun arranged for us to sneak away to Boston. We stayed at a very nice hotel right across from Old City Hall. It was a beautiful day for walking and checking out the sights at Quincy Market. Then we went to dinner at a place away from the bustle. After, we went back to our room and changed then went to see the Blue Man Group. What a show! Interactive, entertaining and unique. We ended our night at Finale, a place that almost exclusively serves desserts.
Our time was fun, relaxing and romantic...just perfect.

Documenting Baby's first time in Boston. I'm thinking he and his dad might be back a couple more times in his life. Not so much for romantic dinners but for RED SOX games!

Sara's got lots more projects for you to check out!

8 comments:

  1. Lots of great photos this week! The one of the girls working on the puzzle is just precious. Boston looks like fun - I've always wanted to go. A place that serves primarily desserts is my kind of place! LOL

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids are so stinkin cute - and that baby! Oh my!!! And that baby belly is just so adorable!

    The strawberries have me salivating! YUMMY

    ReplyDelete
  3. the picture of your daughter praying is precious. i might have to snap one of my son praying for one of my 365 pictures-great idea!

    we saw the blue man group about a year ago. they're amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that baby praying is precious!!!

    We are HUGE red sox fans in my house. Several years ago we took a trip to mecca....I have never seen my husband as happy as he was sitting in the stands at Fenway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lots of great stuff this week! a new nephew, an anniversary, and nearly getting rid of the dog? wow, one should be so lucky. i have a secret i will tell you... i paid someone once to take 2 of my dogs! haha. i love the puzzle picture, praying, and dancing with grandparents. you definately caught some great moments this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures....the pic of your littlest saying her prayers is so sweet! Congratulations on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary! Glad you were able to sneak away.

    All the pics of the girls are precious. And the one of your nephew... CUTE! New babys always look like boxers at the ready and his name is Rocko, perfect!

    If we were closer we would take the dumb dog. He would love it here. Lots of room to roam.

    ReplyDelete
  8. welcome little Rocco!! All are beautiful shots!! Love the one of Rocco and the one with the strawberries most!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.