Thursday, October 1, 2009

Scripture Memory #14

I took the last part of September off to give some time to my previous verses and now I'm ready to go again. Are you joining in? I didn't think I could do it either, but its been wonderful. When my mind is idle, I try to jump into the scriptures I've memorized, instead of my own thoughts.

Do you read Beth Moore's blog? Wow, that woman is annointed...you won't be sorry if you spend some time there. Here's an excerpt from the explaination of the verse she chose this week:

I’ve concluded that the paths where our faith is stretched beyond our circumstances, our emotions, and natural conclusions are the ones where we receive the most vivid divine disclosures. These are the experiences that shape the paragraphs of our life stories. These are what keep us from being the snoozers and reward-losers in the Body of Christ. These are our hikes up the mountain where Jesus is transfigured before us. I am convinced that, in seasons that call for a powerful outbreak of faith, victory is never accidental. We make up our minds to believe God. To make no choice at all is to choose defeat


"Above all else, guard your heart, for out of it spring the issues of life."
Proverbs 4: 23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.