Tuesday, November 1, 2011

31 Ways to Live in Peace, Wrap-Up


From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank you for joining me in this peace journey.  Its very much been a labor of love and, I believe, a step of obedience.  I may never know what God intended having me do this, but I will trust that He has done a good work.

I was telling my mom that doing this project has made the month of October go by very slowly.  She suggested that maybe that was the blessing and I have to agree.  Every day, every month that is spent deliberately is a good one!

Thank you.  For reading along everyday.  For your gracious and encouraging comments.  I am not a writer and felt very inadequate for the task set before me, but I was trusting that God would use me, in spite of me.

Now what?  Its overwhelming, isn't it?  Don't be overwhelmed...just take one thing at a time.  Pick one thing and work on it for a week, a month, a year.  Although this list came out over 31 days, it could take 31 years get there.

Believe me, I want to change right now.  At any given time I have about 60 things on my short list that I'm working on, trying to improve, trying to become more like the person I was meant to be.  Some days I'm sure I'll never get there, but I realize not making any effort to change guarantees failure.

Speaking of failure, the foliage!  I heard an expert talking about Tropical Storm Irene being to blame for the lack lustre color this year.  Apparently, the wind detached the leaves just enough to affect the color process.  I don't know if its true or not, but it sounds good.

List of books I referred to (these are all purchase-worthy...you'll want to underline, highlight and read over and over):

Its Not About Me by Max Lucado
This one stays on my nightstand.  When I've gotten upset or have started thinking the world is against me,  that's when I know its time to be reminded that "its not about ME!"

One Thousand Gifts by Ann Koskamp
Reading this book is like eating candy...her writing style is almost edible.  Can't recommend it enough.

The Air I Breathe by Louie Giglio
A small book that talks about worship as a way of life.

The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
You must have a copy of this somewhere.  Great book!

If you ever catch me doing a "31 Days" series again, it will undoubtedly be during the month of February (on a non-leap year).  :)

And now, back to our regularly scheduled program...whatever that is around here!  :)



2 comments:

  1. You are a gem. Thanks for 31 days of encouragement. Trust me, God used your obedience for GOOD. I can see it in my own life based on what your encouraged here. Happy November, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for doing this series! There were multiple days when what you wrote was EXACTLY what I needed to hear to be encouraged/reminded/challenged.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.