Sunday, November 20, 2011

Project 365, Week 47

A busy, fun week.  I can feel the pace of life picking up as we head into the holidays.  I'm starting to feel overwhelmed so I'm freaking out a bit taking one day at a time.  I can only do my best, right?  Well, that's what I keep repeating as the calendar continues to fill up.

November 13
I had three separate photo shoots.  They were pretty casual so Avery came along with me for two.
 She said, "Mom, here's the I'm freezing pose!"
 November 14
We've got several projects going around the house, so there was a trip to Home Dep*t in order.
  Shaun was replacing the screens in the front doors so naturally Aiden was right by his side.  He loves to help, loves to work.
 November 15
I was at Avery's school helping sort 500 pies into the individual orders.  It took about three hours longer than I thought it would, but I got to meet a couple other moms and I saw Avery in action.
 November 16
Re-painting the kitchen because of the chimney project.  I was happy with the color so we kept it very similar.
 The kids and I took the dog out.

 November 17
See his hammer?  That's a meat tenderizer.
 Amanda found a great place for a nap.
 November 18
My sister's birthday.  I picked her up at 6 AM and we headed to her gym.  We got to work with her personal trainer (excuse me!) and then we went out to breakfast.  I'm so thankful that she's in my life.
 November 19
Every year my side of the family celebrates Thanksgiving together on the Saturday before Thanksgiving.  It makes it so we can all be together and then we are all free to be with our in-laws on the actual day.

We decided these are four of the best two year-olds around.
While we were together we also celebrated the 4th Quarter birthdays....only five people.

6 comments:

  1. Tell Avery - nice freezin' shot.

    Glad your kitchen is coming together. Mine is well... almost done. Joel is replacing the baseboards. Told him he has till May 1st, graduation is the 25th. I think he has plenty of time.

    Glad you got to have Thanksgiving with your family. Enjoy your week and Thanksgiving Blessings to the 5 of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the "freezing" shot is adorable!

    hmmmmm..meat tenderizer...hammer....I can see it!!!

    I guess we are all pretty busy around this time of year. I am trying to be very deliberate to not leave God out of any of it and find joy in all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda looks likes she's getting bigger...OH no! Sad to see those little legs stretching out...:(....I must know...did you give up on the keeping Junie B. Jones off limits? I just have to know because I, like you think the books are over the top rude...but, gave in to them for "reading sake" Plus, they are really funny. AND it's nice to hear from a 6 year old that Junie B. shouldn't have done such and such or, "Mommy, she doesn't know how to say her words right." lol...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chelsea, you can tell you have a 6 yr old, since you are "in-tuned" to Junie B. in a picture. :) Its actually exclusively a word puzzle book.

    I can appreciate the theory of using the "what not to do" in her books as good learning tools. For books at least, I'm using the same thought that I use for myself....there are WAY too many good books out there to spend any time at all on the "bad" ones.

    For me, I just can't stand to hear Avery reading the Junie B. words out loud.

    I have NO judgement to people that allow them or even like them, that's just my stand right now. Thankfully its not something that's pushed in her school like many others.

    The older they get, I'm learning, the more "case-by-case" situations there are. Where's my manual?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Avery is SO CUTE - love the pink & polka-dotted look of her :)

    I sure hope Aiden continues to want to help - that will be invaluable later - especially as a husband. I know - I have a handy husband too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol...We have that puzzle book too! Glad you are sticking to your guns! :) Just had to ask...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.