Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving, Part I

For several years now my side of the family has celebrated Thanksgiving the weekend before the actual holiday.  It makes it so we can all be together and then also with our in-laws later in the week.

This year Amy and Colombo hosted again.  It was a lot of good food and good times.  With 15 little kids it is crazy, for sure, but its a wonderful crazy that I know we will always remember fondly.  All the cousins just adore each other and play really well together.



 The four 2 year-olds.  Four really sweet, really good boys.


 Deep kitchen conversations.
We also took the opportunity to celebrate the Q4 birthdays.  Elizabeth made an adorable cake.
Which was  so very tempting!
The birthday people:  my mom, my dad, Amanda, Nathanael and his mom, my sister.
 Only on special days can you eat only one bite of a roll and still get a plateful of cake and ice-cream.



 My brother joined us for dessert.  He had chaplain duties at two different send off ceremonies for the military.  :(


Joyfully you'll pull up buckets of water from the wells of salvation. And as you do it, you'll say, "Give thanks to God. Call out his name. Ask him anything! Shout to the nations, tell them what he's done, spread the news of his great reputation!
Isaiah 12:3





2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.