Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wednesday's Whirlings

I like the idea that Monday Musings is...permission to write in bullets and express random thoughts in a collective way.  Today is essentially my Monday for the week, and a short, random post is in order so...we have the "whirlings" in my head today instead.


  • I think from now on I will "celebrate" the end of Daylight Savings with a trip or event of some sort that gets me out of my routine.  All weekend I was going to bed and getting up at different times anyway and was occupied all of Sunday afternoon and evening...I didn't experience the usual letdown when darkness fell prematurely.  Actually, the first time I really noticed anything from the time change was that it was light out when I came out of the gym this morning.
  • Oh, the gym.  Between them being closed with no power and our trip to Virginia, it'd been a while since I had gone, and I felt it.  Unless of course you count my time in the facilities at the hotel.  A bike and two treadmills, one that doesn't work, and they are able to advertise they have a workout room.  The last hotel I stayed at advertised the same, and they actually had decent equipment....what they didn't mention was that you had to pay to use it.  Frustrating, albeit minor.
  • Completely amazing, gorgeous weather.  Beginning around this time of year its such a triumphant feeling to get a good day...one less day of winter!
  • We voted last night after dance class.  Amanda was working the volunteers hard to allow her to vote.  She settled for being able to help deliver pens.  Then she did a little tap routine for them.
  • My house is clean but not picked up and its making me a little nutty.  I don't feel like I'm very good at leaving or coming back from vacation....seems like both should be easier by now.
  • I got the date wrong for our very first Parent/Teacher conference and missed it...who does that?!?  Avery's teacher was most gracious and we've rescheduled.  Sheesh!
  • My interior-designer-wanna-be sister is re-doing Aiden's room/guest room.  I'm excited to see the results of someone putting a little TLC into it...its so not my thing.
  • I'm ready to set up the Christmas tree.  The kids watched a Veggie Tales Christmas movie about four times in the car on Monday and I was wanting to pull out all the ornaments and get to work.  Too bad we can't take out Halloween and move Thanksgiving in its place, leaving more space to ramp up for Christmas.
Well...that's it for now...my timer has gone off.  Time to go be productive and get done some of these things that are daunting to me.  The ones I'm dreading go first, right?  :)

4 comments:

  1. Well if you're going to be that strict then I guess I should vacuum as soon as I step foot inside the door when I get home tonight :)

    Sounds like a good week. Ours has been gorgeous too - with some rain today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me feel better with your comment about the house not being picked up. I was grumpy yesterday and it wasn't until the evening when I realized it was because my house was a disaster. I don't mind toys, but there was stuff everywhere and out of place. I completely understand feeling nutty in a messy house!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your bullets. And I really love your idea about moving Thanksgiving up and bumping Halloween...GENIUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel you -- minus the vaca, lol. I have so many housecleaning things to complete, and I start feeling bogged down. Ugh!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.