Wednesday, November 2, 2011

This Little Light


Ah...I just tucked Aiden into bed.  He has observed effective stalling techniques (and bedtime rituals) and out of those, has created his own little routine.

At the first hint that he's being put to bed, he'll ask to sit and watch tv with daddy for a little bit.  Usually that's fine for a time....normally he doesn't have to be up at a certain time in the morning.  When I actually put him to bed, he wants me to lay down with him.  Then we have to pray, then we have to sing.

Tonight Shaun wasn't home, so as I was getting Aiden's pajamas on, he said, Momma, can I watch baseball with you? (with the most endearing face and sweetest voice)
Me: No Baby.  Momma's not watching baseball.  (Lately I've been getting corrected..."I not a baby, I Aiden!)
Aiden: Momma, can I watch football with you?
Me: No, Sweety.  There's no football on.
Aiden: Well, (hands out in a bit of exasperation) can we watch a CBD...a DVD??

Then I started laughing and hugging him.  Momma, are you yaffin' at me?

He always requests He's Got the Whole World for one of the songs....he likes the "He's got the little bitty babies in His hands" part.  Tonight I also threw in This Little Light of Mine.  When I sang "hide it under a bushel--NO!" he got laughing.  Laughing and giggling even over the hiccups that immediately came on.  He'd try to get control but that just made him laugh harder....and me too!

I savored it all and now I'm writing it down in hopes I'll be able to recall shreds of this time at a later date.

This morning I was lighting a smelly candle and Aiden was right there at my heels.  You gonna make a happy birday?


Later, when I get older can I...ride a bike?  When you get older?!?  How much older are you going to get??


Whenever I sneeze he always says Dod bess you, Momma, Dod bess you!

He always wants to be the one to pray whenever the opportunity presents itself.  He folds his hands, bows his head slightly and squints his eyes.  His current prayer, in the most angelic voice, is Jesus, thank you for dis day (or food, depending on the "occasion"), thank you for dying on the cross.  Amen.

Amanda has taken it upon herself to teach him how to pray.  When he's in the mood he goes along with it.  She'll have him repeat after her.  Jesus.  Jesus. Thank.  Thank.  You.  You.  For.  For.  Dy. Dy.  Ing.  Ing....its usually a car activity and it makes me smile...it also makes me wince a little, waiting for him to tire of it and hearing the A-man-duh!  No!




For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.
II Corinthians 4:6

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, I was just going through some old posts of mine and I came across a comment from you. It was from an anniversary post I did 3 years ago. And I just clicked over and caught up on your blog. WOW. I can not believe how big Aiden is, time sure does fly. I'm glad you guys are doing well. I'm going to put you on my blogroll, so I can stay updated.

    Loving your pictures and inspiration as always.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet conversations! Love that last picture.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.