Saturday, November 12, 2011

Project 365, Week 46

This was one of those weeks that I look back at the pictures and think, wow...that was only six days ago?!?  It was a blessed, jam-packed week.... the kind of week that makes me so very grateful to have Shaun as my life-partner.  There is no one in the world better for me to do this life with than him.  Doesn't mean either one of us is perfect (duh!) or that life is easy, just means, for better or worse, I'm thankful to have him by my side.

November 6
If you recall from last week, we were in Virginia with a ministry team from church.  After two services at church we had about two hours at the hotel before Shaun had to head back for the evening performance.  Shaun was happy to SIT in one place for that time and catch a little football.  WHile the kids napped I took an hour and went to the outlet store that were plentiful two minutes from the hotel.  

The kids ate more fast food on this trip than I had hoped they'd have in a lifetime.
 November 7
TIme to go home.  Sadly, we had two cars, so Shaun drove his and I drove mine, separately.  The kids were amazing travelers.  Here they are watching Veggie Tales Christmas, I believe.  Shaun makes them wear headphones so he can listen to his own radio, but it doesn't bother me at all.  I also loved hearing the girls laugh out loud periodically.  A favorite line (mine...the kids didn't catch it) (in the voice of a Veggie) This would be a lot more tender if I knew who you were on the homecoming of a long-lost acquaintance....guess you had to be there.
 November 8
We had an appointment so we had to leave the house at 9am.  No one had clean laundry and there was no food in the house.  The kids shared dry cereal and a bag of croutons with water in the car.  Hey...sometimes that's just life....at least in our household.  :)

Later, I got to sit in on Avery's dance class.  I'll do a full post for her, but I was so proud and struck by what a young lady she is becoming.
 November 9
My sister brought over a couple bikes that they had no use for, solving the bicycle dilemmas we had here.  The girls were thrilled and of course we had to take them for a test drive.  It was so wonderfully warm!

Neither one of these are in focus, but I love them all the same.

 November 10
No picture.  Shaun and I had a day of meetings, one was a parent/teacher conference for Avery.  She was given a glowing report in every way possible....the glory goes to God, for sure!

November 11
More bike riding and exercise for the dog.  Since we live in the city, it has to be a little bit of an event to do those things.  Love the fresh air!
November 12
Time for a haircut.  Love this little guy.
I'm linking up with Sara this week.  Hope you all have a great week!!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful week with us. I loved all the pictures and the dialogue that went with them. It makes me feel good to know my life is not so different from others. Loved the picture of your son and the leaves at the drain. That and the biking girls were priceless pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Avery's yellow dance outfit. Awesome how she is exceling in school too.

    How thrilling to get new bikes - our neighbors always passed theirs down to us. Remember it was almost like Chrstimas when they brought them over.

    So does Aiden sit still for his haircut?

    Enjoy the upcoming week.

    Many blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't said this in a while, but I love seeing your week...it so reminds me of my life when my kids were young. Brings back beautiful memories!

    Looks like a wonderfully full week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa,
    Life is for living...and with such a busy week, I'd say that's exactly what you are doing! Living life to the full! (:>)

    The pictures help to tell the story! What a lovely family you have! Special moments indeed!

    Have a blessed Sunday!

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had to laugh at your comment about the fast food :) That's how I've felt about us during this furlough. It will be a while before I want another hamburger.
    I was just thinking how fast kids grow... I remember when your little guy was born and you shared those first photos of him. Can you believe we've been doing P365 that long?!
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad I'm not the only one who gives her kids bizarre foods in a pinch (croutons for breakfast, hahaha). you're too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved reading about your week. I think the Veggie Tales quote is funny too :)

    Love that last picture of Aiden - he looks so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the kid pics. Great spontaneity and expressions!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.