Monday, November 28, 2011

Monday's Musings

I know of no better time for "Monday's Musings" than after a long holiday weekend.  I hope I'm not the only one whose brain is a jumbled mess as I pull myself back into reality.  Actually, we still have house guests, so its only a partial reality.


  • This weather!  Oh wow!  We're just about to make it out of November and its been so mild.
  • There is a cute, in a nerdy sort of way, little boy (3rd grade?) that I see nearly every morning dropping off Avery at school.  With his glasses and backpack and pants a little too short, he is always in a full sprint to get to school, as if he's going to be late but he's not.  He never fails to make me smile.
  • So proud, that for my first time ever I de-boned the turkey carcass and made turkey soup.  I felt so homemaker-y!  And really, it was not hard.  And that word carcass?  Nasty!
  • I feel like I should be cruising around the internet this Cyber Monday but its too overwhelming to even think about.  Still...online is my kind of shopping!
  • Amanda turned five yesterday.  Yes, five!  And my first born niece/nephew is turning 13 this week.  If he is a teenager then that means I am not and so I am very confused!
  • Like most I've talked to, I'm wondering if everything can actually get squeezed in this coming month.  Here's an excerpt from something I read this morning:
I know that I drop things all the time. I drop people, I drop emails, I drop responsibilities and relationships. These are things I SHOULDN’T drop, and I get mad at myself when I do, but I can’t help it.
Sometimes my hands are full of other things. I am learning to put things down {obligations and schedules} so that I don’t drop the very things I do have in my hands. I don’t want to drop friendships because of my unwillingness to put unimportant things down.
And then other times, I drop things because I’m being independent. Or I’m trying to be. I’m not asking for help when my arms are too weak. I’m not accepting it when my life just doesn’t work right.
I used to think that dropping things was just part of it; that those things were acceptable losses that are a part of simply living in this busy world. Friendships drop off and emails don’t get returned: that’s life. But now I wonder if “dropping things” wouldn’t happen as much if I learned to put other things down and to accept help when it is offered.


Praying your week is filled with blessings and productivity.  We can do this!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.