Sunday, February 26, 2012

Project 365, Week 8

This was a very special week in so many ways.  We kicked off the week by celebrating Shaun's first day off in a month...as in, the first day in the last 30 he's had off.  We are back down to 40 hours a week and it is won.der.ful!  You can't really comprehend how much an 80 hour work week is until you've done it, but it is a LOT of time apart.

Don't get me wrong....we are both very grateful for his job...but we are also very happy when the tax season slows down a little.

February 19
Sunday was an on-purpose quiet day.  We took a family walk/ride, watched a movie, took naps....I even stayed in sweats all day.




When we got back from our walk Shaun told me to take Avery and please go buy some new sweatpants.  His initiation is usually the only time I go shopping for myself. 

I consider it to be completely unproductive time, it requires more patience than I have and the only thing you have to show for it at the end is an emptier bank account.  And always I have images in my head of children around the world without food and that makes me think I can go another five years before these sweatpants are worn to shreds (and have shrunk even shorter than they are now).  

BUT, when I have a six year-old with me who loves to shop, that makes it much more interesting.

*before you think higher than you ought to of me, I should say that I don't always think of the starving children when I am shopping on Amaz*n or my photography supplies store.  :)
 February 20
Great-Grandpa was talking about the deer eating his bush so the kids were on the lookout.  Aiden declared he saw a reindeer and proceeded to go into animated detail about it, with his grandpa egging him on.  :)
 February 21
Family day at the museum and our February family photo!
 February 22
A picnic lunch at the park with cousins.
 February 23
Avery got invited to her very first school-friend birthday party.  Look who got invited too after giving the sad eyes to Birthday Girl's mom.  :)
Just before sunset we met cousin Alayna at the park...it had been 60 degrees during the day, but was certainly not that warm at 5...not that the kids would notice.
February 24
I peeked in to say goodbye to the girls...we have SO enjoyed having Avery home on vacation this week!!  Amanda especially likes the fact that she gets to sleep in Avery's bed.  So sweet reading their party favor books.  :)
I meant to get a picture and it didn't happen.  I met my friend Shelva for an 8:30 breakfast.  We talked and talked until we got asked to leave to make room for the lunch crowd that was lining up at the door. Ooops!  Time and conversation with her is so rare, we treasure every minute we have together.

Later, Shaun's team won their first playoff game...its such a fun activity to have during the dark winter.

February 25
The TV in our kitchen has been broken for several weeks (yay!!) so once in a while they pull out the ipad over breakfast.
 We took cards and donuts to Great-Grandpa's to celebrate his 93rd birthday.  One sentence Avery wrote in her card to him was "I hope 93 is the best age".  He got a chuckle out of that.  :)
 So very grateful the kids have gotten all this time with him...they are buds.



3 comments:

  1. I love spring break. So happy the family got to do some things together. Phil is in two weeks.

    Happy to Borthday to Great Grandpa too. He looks wonderful for 93.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooops Birthday - I really should reread before entering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great week - love Amanda in her hat :) I hate to shop too. That's definitely one way to save money - ha!

    Happy birthday to great grandpa!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.