Friday, February 7, 2014

February's Joy Dare #1

This month I'm taking the Joy Dare Challenge.  February is a good month to do it because a) its short, b) its the month my heart grumbles the most...about the snow, about my MIA husband, about the cold, about the seemingly endless amount of questions I field in a day (mom, can I do? can I have? will you tell so and so to stop? please just one more? etc), about the slush.  This exercise will help me to be purposefully aware of blessings that surround me everywhere, everyday (and good practice with my camera!).

3 GIFTS RED

My reliable vehicle.  Five years ago when Shaun was shopping for a car that would fit three car seats/booster seats across he asked for my input.  I said that I wasn't picky, I just didn't want it to be red.  :)

 So proud and thankful live in America, to be an American.
 Strawberries with sugar, gobbled up as fast as little hands can shovel them in.
 3 GIFTS ON PAPER



 3 GIFTS FOUND IN WRITING

Avery writes these little notes and messages, to no one in particular.  Its always so fun to stumble upon them.
 Current book I'm reading: Dangerous Surrender by Kay Warren.

 3 GIFTS FOUND WHEN BENT DOWN

I've heard from more than one person that one thing they miss with their empty nest is the shoes and coats scattered about in the mudroom.  Someday our coats will be neatly hung up and shoes will be in their proper place, so for now I will take joy in these signs of life.


 A GIFT STITCHED, HAMMERED, WOVEN

My mother-in-law sewed a button on one of Shaun's shirts and hemmed a school uniform where it'd come undone weeks ago....all without a trace of judgement towards me, her son's wife who finds those tasks daunting.
 Shaun's deceased grandfather hammered this vanity for us twenty years ago.  Its such a joy to see the girls using it.
 This quilt, also made twenty years ago lays on our bed.  It is tattered and torn but it provides extra warmth and sweet memories.
 3 GIFTS OUTSIDE
This always evolving icicle sculpture outside my kitchen window.  The morning sunshine highlights its beauty.
 Our home and LARGE tree.
 Fluffy snow that the kids have a blast playing in.

1 comment:

  1. Love your giant tree! What a lovely picture... Boy, Avery's handwriting is much better than mine! I always made Cs until they stopped grading it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.