Sunday, June 12, 2011

Project 365, Week 24

We had a good week, even though we are all starting to miss Daddy.  He is in the throes of renovating, not one, but two apartments.  Thankfully the building is about four blocks from our house...he's been working seven days a week, clocking over 80 hours a week for about a month now.  We miss him!!  It also makes it extra challenging for me to fit in my work.  BUT, its temporary...he should be done just in time for tax season.  Kidding...hopefully its long before.

Anyway, on to our week!

June 5
I drove down with my sister, her MIL and my niece to attend a beautiful bridal shower for a bride who is a friend and a client.  We had some good girl time.
June 6
After the shower I brought Madison home with me so she could sleepover.  The next day we did Photography 101, since she has expressed an interest multiple times (She thinks it will be an important skill for her future on the mission field, so she can effectively communicate to the world the deplorable conditions of the places she will be serving.  She's 10 years old. Seriously.)

This is one she took and I love it!!
 She also took this one.  Boys!!  Balls and cars!
 June 7
Shaun's "free" hour and a half for the week.  I was happy to watch him run around in his uniform...he was happy they won. :)
June 8
A familiar sight to me this week.  We have begun the potty training process...I'm not ready to talk about it so we'll leave it at that.

The kids really enjoyed their new pool, too.  Our little blue plastic one finally died after five years of hard use.
 June 9
The kids swam at cousins house while I had a business meeting.  Too bad they never have fun there!
 June 10
Pop and Kiki took the kids to minister at the assisted living place where they go.  This is Aiden's watermelon-eating seat.  Yes...he eats watermelon!
The kids and I went to Madison's dance recital.  It was 3.5 hours long and she danced in nine different dances!  It was a great show and she really stood out.  I cried during this solo dance she did.  The song was beautiful and she dances with such emotion.  I can't believe what an amazing young woman she is becoming.  Makes me, well....cry.
 I also cried during the 9/11 tribute they did at the end.  God Bless The USA will get me 100 times out of 100.  SO thankful and proud to be an American!



Enjoy your week!

8 comments:

  1. Your niece did a nice job on her pictures and what a beautiful dance pose.

    Aiden - can I say the pool picture "cracks' me up.

    Blessings on your week.

    Let me know where we can meet you this week Saturday if that still works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful photos this week!

    Had a giggle at the naked potty training pic... I am SO there with you, only with my 4 yr old autistic son. He is currently naked about 10 hours a day and the pottying...well, it's not going so well but he sure does like to pee everywhere ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the potty training pic & your daughter's dance pose. She is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What wonderful photos! Looks like you had an incredible week.
    Madison looks beautiful and so mature in the dance recital photo! I bet she did just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's nice you have so much family around, especially when your husband is working 80 hour weeks!!!

    there's nothing cuter that baby bottom!!!

    I have to say that I am a bit jealous that LuAnn will get to see you next week!!! You guys have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the baby bottom too - so cute. I have one of me at age 4 or so running out to the wading pool at our house. I was too impatient to wait for my swimsuit.

    I'm staggered by the picture of your niece - man to be that flexible & expressive. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Ain't potty training F-U-N!?!?

    Your niece sounds quite amazing! Great budding photographer, accomplished dancer (wow--wish I could stretch my leg like that!), AND a heart for missions?? Whoa.

    Funny. "God Bless the USA" gets me, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.