Sunday, June 5, 2011

Project 365, Week 23

Wow...what a week!  I was surprised to see all these photos fit into one week.  It feels like the beginning of the week was a lot longer ago.  We've been blessed with such great weather....to me, that just kind of puts a cherry on top of everything.

May 29
THE only picture I have in my possession from the day, though I took many more.  I was an associate shooter for a photographer out of CA...we photographed a beautiful wedding in RI together and I had a really, really great time.

May 30
Our 17th wedding anniversary.  This is what the back of the pickup truck looked like after we visited the homegoods store.

May 31
Most of those flowers went to apartment building, but a couple were reserved for me.  The kids and I did a little planting around the yard.  
June 1
June!  This is an almost daily occurrence...Extreme Downhill Racing in front of the house.  Its a little scary to watch actually.
June 2
The boys went to have lunch with Shaun's grandfather's weekly lunch crew, then picked up windows and did some work.
 I took the opportunity of not having Aiden either crawling all over me or worse, running away, to talk to one of our favorite nursing home residents about the Lord.  Her health has been up and down and I desperately want her to know for sure where she will spend eternity.

While she IS a very sweet lady, can you guess from the clues in the picture why the kids love to visit her room so much? :)
June 3
I photographed a beautiful outdoor wedding.  It was perfect for them in every way.  There's more here.  Oh...how I love weddings!
 June 4
Our church held a sweet little graduation ceremony for Avery's Sunday school class.  She will be moving in with the 1-6 grade class.  I'll do a full separate post on this momentous event... :)

How was your week?  I'm going to link up with Sara in hopes of getting around a bit.  Three weekends in a row of weddings takes up quite a bit of my computer time, but I miss everyone.  Be well!

5 comments:

  1. I always look forward to your Sunday morning weekly review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the picture of the girls racing down the sidewalk.....way to go Avery for being so daring!!!!

    the picture of Aiden asleep is precious...with his tools in his lap and his pudgy little boy legs!!! LOVE it!

    So did your friend in the nursing home respond?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Melody...that's so nice to hear. Sometimes I feel like its quite boring around here for others to read about. :)

    Sara, she's belonged to a church much of her life and "hopes" she's earned enough points to get into heaven by teaching Sunday school class, trying to be a "good" person, etc. We had a good talk, I will need to follow up soon.

    As you know, there's not a thing she can do to "earn" herself a spot in heaven. Praying for her and looking forward to our next visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great week. Those girls are daring! I don't think I was quite so willing to risk a skinned knee when I was their age. And I agree with Sara - Aiden is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The girls crack me up with their racing - reminds me of me and my brothers.

    How great for your kids to experience the nursing home and shower their love on your friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.