Friday, July 17, 2009

Baby Pictures

Here's what the last few days have looked like. I thought I'd be camera crazy but really I've just enjoyed having him in my arms or taking a nap. The four of us are loving him so much.

The girls like to sing "Jesus Loves Me" to him when he starts fussing a little. About the only thing they can do for him is his pacifier, so they do that often. Neither one of them ever took to it, but it doesn't look like he's going to have much of a choice. Easier to suck on it than have it jammed in your face 15 times.

Avery wakes up every morning like its Christmas. She has a Hold Aiden sign-up sheet but most of the times are already blocked off with her name. Amanda is happy to have me holding her when I can and seems to be off her game just a little, but with more time that passes, both girls are adjusting to the new normal around here.

Last night Aiden was not awake except to eat and he had a four-hour stretch and most of the night was spent in his cradle, not in bed with me. Not that I mind the in-bed-with-me part, but I'm trying to think long term here.

We think he's just great and are enjoying this newness time.





8 comments:

  1. SUCHA BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!!

    HUGS FROM MAINE

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that first picture took my breath away.....he is gorgeous!!!

    so glad you are enjoying the time with him. That "new born" phase goes so so fast!

    more pictures please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful pictures of your little proud family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is adorable. Trey has the same whale onesie : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Hold Aiden Sign Up Sheet - that made me laugh out loud. I can only imagine how much in love she is with him.

    Maybe it's just me...but doesn't he look an awful lot like your hubby? Or maybe I'm seeing things. But I thought that right away, even with the first pic you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I get sweet goose bumps every time I read one of your new posts. You are such a special family. So sweet and simple and loving. The love just oozes from your writings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful baby boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful baby boy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.