Thursday, July 9, 2009

No News

I know its a catchy title that just draws you in. But with my due date tomorrow, I feel like I need to start every conversation and correspondence like that these days.

This is how my very few outgoing calls go:

Me: Hi!
Them: What's going on???????????
Me: Nothing, nothing.

So, I've been trying to remember to say "everything's fine" instead of Hi.

Our family is so sweet. They are trying to not be "one of those" who bugs the pregnant lady at the end, wondering if there are any new developments. (but, truth be known, I am "one of those", so I totally understand. Hey, its family rights!) So, I get sneaky emails and texts and phone calls something like this:

"Lisa, just wanted you to know its raining outside. Oh, and I almost forgot...any baby activity?"

Or

"Lisa, what do you think about getting together for lunch next May? And, before I let you go, any baby news??"

I also know there are quite a few who check here for updates as well. The love and concern is very touching and I'm happy for the contact...support is so important right now! I considered sending out an email update to our family every morning, but Shaun said if I forget once, we'll have 10 people on our doorstep in no time. Its such a blessing to have a big, supportive family and a couple close friends. I think they are all just about as excited as we are.

Thanks, Family. We love you all! And no, nothing is happening right now. :)

8 comments:

  1. You are so astute! I thought I was being sneaky...sigh....will have to work on that. We do love you and we appreciate the update! (Should I mention the very vivid baby boy dream I had last night?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did come to check and see if there was any news! I hope you're feeling well and making the best of these last few days. Can't wait to see pictures of your little man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so you know, yours is the first blog I've been checking in my Reader lately. I was sure that this was the post telling us something was up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have not been getting on the computer except to check for emails from my boys and news of a BABY!!! Thanks for keeping us posted...praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, you are so calm about it too! I was SO annoyed with my first...mostly cuz I was overdue and miserable...and my friend's twins were born right around my due date even though they were due well after my daughter. Everyone at church was talking about the twins and asking me, "You haven't had the baby YET?" Maybe I should share a little bit of your attitude, because they truly are just concerned and excited too. Praying for a safe delivery and healthy baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I was pretty sneaky, no?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet! You will treasure these last posts before baby so much. I remember what I did those last days and moments before Noah was born, there is something so special about those times! :o) Can't wait to meet your little guy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.