Monday, July 20, 2009

One Week Old

Aiden is one week old today. It actually feels like he's been with us much longer, in a good way, not in a I-haven't-slept-in-a-whole-week kind of way. Its not scary to take care of the three of them like it was at first when we added a second. It feels completely natural to have him here and strangely...easy.

Of course, there wasn't a whole lot expected of me this past week. I didn't work, I got a couple naps, Shaun did some of the night duties, meals were brought to us and Shaun insisted I take it easy with the housework. Although I felt spoiled, my body appreciated the slow pace...it really took me most of the week to be feeling fairly normal. My sweet husband attributes this to the fact that I'm not as young as I used to be. :)

But enough about me...back to Aiden. He slept most of the week away, including three and four hour stretches at night. Although I haven't gotten it on video yet, he has rolled over four separate times. The first time was when he was two days old, so although I watched him do it, I ignored that it had happened 'cause that's just impossible. Well, yesterday I left him for three minutes, tops, on his stomach in the middle of our bed and he rolled to his back and turned 90 degrees. Then today twice, so his couch-sleeping days are over.

Avery loves to hold him. Amanda sings Jesus Loves Me to him when he's crying. She really gets nervous when he cries, so it goes something like, "Jesus loves me, this I know for the...Mom! I think he wants you!!" Shaun has begun teaching him the Red Sox starting line-up. too. Yeah, we're definitely enjoying him.





I'll make a better attempt at this next week.



And just for fun, this is how Amanda started her day.

7 comments:

  1. i felt the same way about adding a 3rd, it was way easier than adding a 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all your baby pics - he is so cute - and I feel he is so blessed in your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One week already - and look how he is just fitting so smoothly right into the flow of things! How nice that he is sleeping good long stretches for you. And he must be SUPER strong, to have rolled over already - amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think he is just ready to catch up to his sister's!!!

    loving all the pictures!!!

    So glad you are feeling good so fast! means you have great care!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe he can roll over! Levi has the same red sox shirt - should get the boys in a pic together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, how precious!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.