Friday, July 3, 2009

Pregnancy-39 weeks

I thought it would be a good idea to get this posted early so people are not wondering where I am. I am home, enjoying the fact that it is currently NOT raining!

Monday I had an OB appointment and everything checked out great. I'd gained 1 lb in two weeks (better than the 5 lbs/mo I've been averaging for a while now) and my blood pressure got the usual wide-eyed, "wow" reaction. Apparently its pretty low...I exercise daily, eat well, have little to no stress in my life, and no family history...I could only expect it to be good.

The fundal (what a weird word) height measured at 36 and I was 38 weeks, so that was a little encouraging that maybe he's not as huge as the ultrasound indicated. With both girls, I measured pretty much right on the week I was on. The doctor also reiterated that ultrasounds are notoriously "off", so maybe he's not as big as was indicated two weeks ago.

I feel like we are circling the airport, waiting for the go-ahead to touch down. We're making plans no more than a day in advance and we're squeezing in last minute things that are nice to get done this side of the birth. Last night Shaun got to add to that list "get water out of basements". Ours and one of the rental properties...fun.

I'm happy to have made it to July, since there are NO July birthdays on either side of the family, which also means no duplicate days. I'm not impatient yet, but anytime now would be fine. (Oh, and ice cream never tasted as good as it has the last two weeks...my family is thrilled to in on that part with me!). We'll keep you posted!


5 comments:

  1. i was wondering about you...glad you updated us. keep us posted on every detail. i havnen't kept up with a pregnancy in so long, this has been fun for me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. so did you carry all your babies just in the front like that? I bet from the back you don't even look pregnant!!!

    I agree with Darla, this has been so fun following your pregnancy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful post! And your belly shot is so beautiful! A wonderful memory for you

    Can´t wait to see the first shot of your son!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) That's awesome! Good luck, Lis!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update!!! You do look just great. I also enjoyed following the pregnancy.
    God's blessings to you !!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.