Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Whirly Twirly Wednesday

Whirly Twirly Wednesday...sort of. We received a package in the mail this week from someone we've never met, though hope to someday. Darla is a friend I know only through blogging, but when we hooked up we made a fast connection. She has two girls and a boy, who have similar age-spacing as mine (will be), only hers are in high school.

She enjoys reading about my goings-on because it brings back memories for her of a sweet time gone by. I enjoy reading hers to see what I am in for. :) I consider her to be a mentor and appreciate any advice she can pass my way on raising godly children and having a successful marriage.

Of course the girls were thrilled to get a package in the mail and didn't think it was at all strange that the mailman would have given them a present. They thought this until I realized what they were thinking and showed them pictures of Darla and her girls. (not that we don't have a nice mailman). Avery is all excited to know someone in Texas now when we do her USA map puzzle.






I thought this was very telling of what our house is going to look like soon. I'm curious to see how long it is before they dress their brother in one of the tu-tus and use the blanket for their dolls. I know for a fact my sisters and I would have had my brother wearing one when we were young, bless his soul. :) Love ya, Tim!





5 comments:

  1. ok, i had to keep myself from crying when i saw the girls in those tutu's!!! they are so sweet. thanks to you for the kind words as well. that baby boy may have his toenails painted a few too many times in the coming years (don't ask me how i know that) but he is definately blessed to be going to this home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so fun to get a package in the mail, and even better when it includes dress-up clothes! I'm sure your baby boy will look very nice in them:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This definitely counts for Whirly Twirly Wednesday! Those are so adorable.

    I just know Avery and Savannah would get along so well - doing her USA puzzle is one of the favorite activities around here, too. We're still working on getting her to know all the states, though - any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that is SO cute! what a sweet gift! love those tutus!! and, i agree, totally qualifies for Whirly Twirtly Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.