Monday, July 27, 2009

Two Weeks Old

This is what Aiden has been dressed in for the last couple days because its been so hot. When Aiden or Daddy have their shirt off, Amanda calls them "nakey boy".


I think we've all been adjusting well, though Amanda has taken the brunt of it, I would say. She's had a setback with the potty, though she hasn't been in diapers during the day for the past six months. Its frustrating, but we're trying to be a little understanding. She also wants me to hold her at ridiculously impossible times, like when I'm holding the baby with one hand and carrying something in the other. But, she shows only love and concern for Aiden. Sometimes she asks to hold him, but only enjoys it until he makes his first peep, then I have to take him right back.

Avery is in love and wants to hold him all the time. She narrates what he is "saying" constantly. She'll say, "He's like, I want Momma." Always "he's like...". Like? Already?? I've caught her a few times trying to get fancy and lifting him up to hand to me, so we still need to be careful, but mostly she's just really sweet and attentive with him.

He was 9 lbs, 12 ozs and 22 1/4 in long at his two-week check-up. Clearly he's eating enough! He does four and five hours stretches, the fives especially when he has awake time with his daddy late at night. This has allowed me to feel fairly well rested, for which I am thankful. My hands are full very often, since he likes to be held (something I haven't exactly been discouraging), but I've enjoyed taking the pace of life down just a notch to oblige. I know quite well how fleeting this is, particularly these first couple weeks and months.



6 comments:

  1. AWW. Love the pics...Vanessa was 3 when Sydney was born...and loved the baby, but went from being very independant to very clingy and refusing to stay with Grandma...It lasted like 10 months....Hang in there...it will pass. I found that it helped a little to tell Vanessa how tired the baby made me and I wish that she would stop crying and needing things so I could spend some time with Vanessa. It made her feel like "we were in this thing together!" Yay for Avery who has twice lived up to her big sis status!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures. Like the idea with having the age on the picture. Great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so yummy. I love the one with his little bum sticking up in the air.

    "like"....it starts already!!! So funny. She is such a good little mama.

    So glad that you're feeling well rested for the most part - I know you have a lot going on, but it's so easy to tell that you love it.

    Lisa - if you want me to update your header with a pic of your little man, just say the word - I'd love to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How hot is hot in New England?

    LOVE the pics. Aiden is so scrumptious, I wish I could squeeze him. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute pictures and wonderful idea with the weekpictures and the "teddy"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.