Friday, July 10, 2009

Pregnancy-40 weeks

I have to say I did not think I'd be doing this post. 40 weeks pregnant. My due date. Full-term.

I am surprised at how high my spirits are, how content I feel and how very comfortable I am. I have been sleeping like a baby...oh, wait. Babies don't sleep. Maybe that's why I'm totally content to have him inside instead of out for now. But I have been sleeping great. The last 3 or 4 nights I've been out cold, not even slightly waking up to change positions. Believe me when I say you don't just roll over in your sleep when you are 40 lbs overweight in your belly. Its more like a 3-5 point turn that requires you to be somewhat conscious.

All else is good, too. Shaun and I are both happy to be checking things off our lists that we didn't think we'd be able to squeeze in. I am a planner by nature so being in limbo from one day to the next is a bit frustrating, but its summer and our calendars are pathetically (wonderfully) clear for the entire month of July. So we wait.

My photographers were hard at work this morning, arranging my hands and fixing my hair.

Here's the other side of the camera. Heels, jewelry, a barrette holding two strands of hair and a confident air about her with the camera in hand.

Naturally, her sidekick had to have a turn, as well. She's barefoot and her dress in backwards. I love them both so much, just the way they are. And because of the way they are.

8 comments:

  1. You look beautiful my friend. I am glad to hear you are comfortable and content to wait on your little guy. I wonder if knowing it is our last time doing it makes us more at peace. You are in my thoughts and prayers. much love

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....just the way they are, and BECAUSE of the way they are...

    That is so beautiful, so true. Last night when Savannah went to the park with Daddy, wearing completely mis-matched clothes and with her hair in complete disarray, I just smiled and let her go. It's all a part of them growing up and learning independence.

    You look great. And you have the best photographers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great, beautiful,stunning, happy, excited.
    I am excited for you and your family. Girls - nice job on the photos too. Blessings to you all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. any day now! the girls look so cute taking the photos, you are so clever to know what pictures are worth getting! good job. hope we see a baby reaalll soooon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful my friend! I love how you're preserving Avery and Amanda's sweet, creative and adorably independent spirits. And I cannot wait for Baby A to get here!! I have a CD of the belly pics, I'll give to Amy to give to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this post!!! mostly I love that you allow your girls to be who they are and love them for it!!! getting so excited to see this little guy!!!

    Praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello dear friend, It's been a while. You look fabulous being 40 weeks prego with baby #3!!!

    Nobody could have asked for cutter photographers. I can't wait to see how motherly they will be with the new lil guy. So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful photographers!! and great pics! I´m glad you are in good mood!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.