Sunday, July 12, 2009

Project 365, Week 28

First, before you madly scroll to the end for a glimpse of a surprise birth day pic, let me tell you there was none this week. My due date came and went without fanfare and the little guy seems quite content to stay where he is. I have an OB appointment tomorrow evening, so I'll do my best to update you after that. Or, maybe he'll come before we get there...you just never know with these babies! Many of you have left comments that you are praying and I know you are...thank you for that.

July 5
Friends of ours gave us a gift at church for the baby. The highlight was definitely the "big sister gifts", baby dolls with bottles and matching strollers. They've been up and down the sidewalk in front of our house many times.

July 6
Over the weekend, Shaun and I had the "Great Closet Cleanout of '09". We've only got four closets in the house (closets were highly overrated in 1895) but its still amazing what can come out of them. One highlight was a skirt that I used to wear when Shaun and I were dating, oh about 18 years ago. He really liked it, so I hung onto it. I thought about saving it until it comes back into style, but I finally let it go. Off to the Salvation Army...


July 7
The girls have been into sitting at their "desk" doing crafts. Unfortunately for them, they did not get a mom who is creative, artsy or enjoys craft time, but so far they are not too picky and just pulling out paint has been good enough.

July 8
This is after 10 pm and I was laying in bed reading, but more listening to what was going on across the hall. This book comes with a little piano attached to it and Shaun was trying to bang out a couple songs on the keyboard while he and attempted to sing with his limited music ability. I think his first attempt was Doe-Rae-Me. Then he started to follow the "music" (colors) in the book and the three of them got going pretty good. Its a fact that both girls can carry a tune better than he, but it was funny to hear them trying to follow him all around the scale. I had to get up and take a picture, but actually video would have been a lot more fun.

July 9
Avery was trying on her daddy's work hat and glasses. She was already dressed for the softball game we had later that night. She likes to wear her softball shirt to match daddy, but she usually wears a shirt under it and she is concerned that by wearing the green shirt, people won't be able to see the cute shirt she is wearing underneath and say, "Oh, Avery. What a cute/pretty shirt/outfit you have on."

We've had this conversation on several game nights and it cracks me up and makes me sad all in one. I can't believe at four she cares what people think about how she looks and what she is wearing. I wish she could go her whole life and not worry about impressing any people.

July 10
Update on Amanda's face. Its healing quite nicely, as you can see. When her eyes are open, its hard to tell there is anything there. Don't feel bad about the tears...its just 'cause she was throwing a fit a moment before. This girl can squeeze out tears from both eyes in two seconds flat, as needed.

While removing our old stove, Shaun read me this warning label that struck us both funny. It says, in English:
STOP If you do not read and understand English, have someone who does explain the safe operation of this appliance.
July 11
My mom invited us and some other family over for dinner. She made a delicious spread and then we walked down to the water and watched the fireworks. It was the perfect spot because there were no crowds, we didn't fight traffic after and the colors were just beautiful reflecting off the water.

Sara, thanks so much for hosting...I hope you are feeling better soon!

10 comments:

  1. I love the 4th of July pictures.
    The girls looked just thrilled and so proud to push their new strollers with their babies. Soon I pray there will be three strollers rolling down the sidewalk.
    Blessings to you Lisa!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your pictures this week!! That English label is too funny lol
    I think my favorite is the one of the girls with their new baby dolls and strollers, what a wonderful gift for 2 sweet little soon to be big sisters.
    Speaking of which, hope the new little one comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pictures, the girls look like they are enjoying those big sister gifts, and i love your fireworks picture it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic pictures this week! your house was built in 1895??? thats amazing! i dont think the town i live in was here that long ago.
    i empathize with your overdueness (yes, i made that word up). both of mine were 2 weeks past the due date i was given. even being induced didnt get them out very quickly. they were waaay too comfortable in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures. I love the adorable smiles while pushing the strollers.

    If your girls are into crafts, go online. There are tons on there that only require things you have around home, and they are easy enough that kids can do them by themselves and you can get a few min alone. I learned this back several years ago when we had a blizzard that kept us locked up for over a week and we were all stir crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back from more time in the mountains, I'm just waiting to hear about this little boy's arrival! Living vicariously through you...:)

    Good luck and have a great experience with your last birth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You read my mind - I was about to do the mad scroll to the bottom! :)

    Baby dolls and strollers - doesn't get any better than that. It reminds me so much of me and my sister when I was growing up - I was the second born, and I was always following the lead of my older sister.

    Did you feel sad getting rid of that skirt? I don't consider myself a packrat, but I AM sentimental, and so I've hung onto a few things like that for awhile - and I'm pretty sure I'll be sad when I finally part with it.

    Shaun is such a good daddy, reading and playing that little piano book with the girls. My hubby is the same way - very, very limited musical ability. But it doesn't stop him from trying. :)

    I love your pics so much, I could sit here and comment on each thing, but I think this comment is long enough. :) So I'll stop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. way to go on those closets! Doesn't that feel good!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great week's worth of photos! Had to laugh about your daughter wanting everyone to notice what she's wearing. My DD found the canning jar rings when she was 18 months old and put them on like bangle bracelets. Convinced me that their DNA has "girl" heavily embossed in it. LOL

    I have become craftier over the years but wasn't so much at the beginning. Tip for you: one of my daughter's favorite childhood memories is the time we took a large cardboard box (I think we got it from Sears and it had had a stove or something in it). Anyway, it was BIG. We sliced one corner open, spread it apart and on the clean inside we used a black marker to delineate "rooms". Then we spent a happy couple of weeks, off and on during 'craft time', cutting out furniture, people and accessories from an old Sears catalog and various magazines and gluing them into place, creating our own "dollhouse", if you will. She's almost 23 and STILL talks about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful pictures in your week!!
    Great gifts for the big sisters!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.