Monday, September 14, 2009

Aiden is Two Months

My friend Meg took some pregnancy pictures for our family to have a keepsake of that time in our lives. This weekend we were finally able to connect for me to get the pictures. As I was looking through them it just seemed so long ago that we were a neat little four-pack family. Its special to have my pregnancy documented, to remember how much we all waited with excited anticipation for Baby Brother to come.

Now the little guy is two months old already. We spent the day at a picnic with our softball team so he got passed around some but I also got some time with him. He is a good snuggler...he lays his head against my shoulder and lies very still...almost like he's 'playing dead' so I will not move him. I hold him as much as I can, probably more than I should, but its sweet, sweet times.

He went for his two-month check-up and weighs 13.3 lbs, which is 85th percentile...70th for height. The doctor was asking me about his development and I was telling her that he really doesn't smile hardly at all. Well, of course you know what happened...I laid him on the exam table and he started grinning and cooing at her. What is THAT about, I ask you?

Aiden's sleeping is not on any particular schedule yet, but he does stretches ranging from 3 to 7 hours, usually right in the middle at 5 hours. He gets up to eat only. I guess Shaun has the rougher end of it. Sometimes he ends up pacing with Aiden after I've fed him and gone to bed...never wakes me up though, I just get the report in the morning. Thanks, Buddy!


And today he's nine weeks. There's a smile! Everyone says how grown-up he looks in this shirt.
Not too fast, Little Boy, not too fast.

5 comments:

  1. I would spend my entire day just kissin those cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think he's not smiling b/c he's contemplating all the different ways he's going to annoy his big sisters! hee! hee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are my favorites out of all the pregnancy pics...love the ones with the girls. Aiden just gets cuter and cuter! He's always looked like a mini-Shaun but I think he's looking more and more like you these days. Love the Red Sox outfit, glad to know he will have a proper upbringing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pregnancy photos are the best. My boys love looking at them.

    Your family pics from your last post look great. I know how it is to always be the one behind the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pregnancy pictures! Beautiful! Miracle moments!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.