Sunday, September 13, 2009

Project 365, Week 37

We continued to have a great week with my brother and his family, who were visiting from Colorado. Over Labor Day, my Aunt Bonnie, Uncle Lee and two cousins also came from New York and Philly. Tons of good family time and lots of memories made.


September 6
My two cousins, Johnny (or John as he is now called in his adult world) and Melody. Melody and I went running in the morning and although I couldn't keep up with her for the 4.5 miles, we did have a nice time being together. We spent a windy afternoon at my mom's lake house.



September 7
We had a photographer come to my sister's house to get an updated family portrait. With 14 kids and 4 being babies it was hard work but hopefully we got a couple. I asked if she'd take a couple of just our family, since I am always the one holding the camera. She sent me a sneak peak...I'm thrilled with it!


The rest of our Labor Day was spent at the beach. Cousin Lainie and Amanda found plenty to do even though there was a "no swimming" sign posted. Amanda fell in several times "by accident".

September 8
We spent the afternoon at my sister Bethany's house where the bucket of dress-up clothes was dumped out and ready for the taking.



September 9
09-09-09...what a cool birthday! Meet Alayna Lynne, my newest niece, weighing in at 9 lbs, 8 ozs! She was born to Shaun's brother Micah, and his fiance Sienna. This is cousin #2 for the kids on Shaun's side and she and Aiden are just 8 weeks apart (they were actually born in the same hospital, same room). We love her already!


September 10
Are you ready for some football?? Shaun and I were excited about opening day for the NFL.

September 11
My actual picture from today was of Aiden at the doctor and got deleted, but this is what was on my mind all day. We will remember...

September 12
Grandma came and got Avery for some special girl time. They went to a fashion show and tea at her church. When I woke her up to get ready, she was asking me questions and was relieved to hear she didn't have to be IN the fashion show. She has since been describing the sparkly pink outfits the girls were wearing.

My two sisters attend the same church so with their boys being two weeks apart it only made sense to get dedicated together. It was a special service and a fun time after with dinner and cake. My sister Bethany and little Levi....

My sister Amy with little Rocco. Both these boys have quickly stolen our hearts and found their place in our family. It was a blessing to be able to witness their parents giving them back to the Lord.

Head over to Sara's to see the other Project 365s.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful week of family togetherness :-) Special times, special people.

    All those cute little ones. Too bad the cutie born 9/9/09 didn't weight 9 lb. 9 oz. :-) Missed that last nine by 1 oz. Oh well.

    Enjoyed seeing your week in pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful family photo!!

    oh my, the girls in their dress up outfits.....adorable!!

    And Aiden looks so good in his little football outfit!

    great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun week with your family! LOVE the family portrait, by the way!

    And LOVE all the babies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.