Friday, September 18, 2009

Quotables

Just a few quotes from this week.


We were sitting in church for the dedication service for my two nephews. My sister's SIL was sitting right in back of us on the aisle. Amanda was standing by her and reached in her diaper bag/purse and pulled out a tampon. She held it up and said in a non-whisper voice, "Is this Gabby's snack?", "Is this Gabby's snack?" Annie and I exchanged mortified looks.


Later back at my sister Amy's house for the reception, Amanda cornered Tannie, who is my sister Bethany's MIL. She went up to her and asked

"Is Allie your Nana?"

Tannie, understanding what she meant said, "Yes I am."

And Amanda said, "Do you have any candy in your purse?"


On the ride home, Aiden started to cry. She said, "Baby Brother, I don't like that! I can't hear in my ear."


I bought the girls a new package of barrettes. Avery was excitedly making big plans for which ones would go with which outfit. Then Amanda took a turn holding the package. She was saying, "These are for Amanda, these are for Avery and these are for Daddy."

Avery butted in and said, "Amanda! Boys like blue, but they don't wear barrettes."

They went back and forth several times like this, and finally, a little frustrated in a banging-your-head-against-the-wall sort of way, Avery walked away.

Amanda shrugged her shoulders and said, "I guess Avery doesn't want to share with Daddy."


Shaun and I were talking about how well-behaved Amanda was in a recent situation and how big she is getting.

"I'm getting big and strong so I can be a princess!"

I said, "you are already a princess."

"No I'm not. I don't have my tirlin' dress on so I can dance."

(gets up to do a spin)

"Daddy, you can be the prince."


Here are the girls playing wedding and Avery's creative invention for the train.



7 comments:

  1. so sweet!! and you are going to be so glad you have them in writing one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you posted the tampon story! What a funny kid she is!

    I didn't tell you but at the after party, Chris was sitting on the floor in Amy's family room and Amanda, with drink in hand, walked up to him..."Can I sit next to you?" Chris said, sure and then Amanda said, "Ok, you hold my dwink please? Thanks, you so nice!" And then patted him on his leg and kept grinning at him. Chris thought it was the cutest thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all precious. Especially the tampon.
    Have a great weekend!!!
    See you at 365

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the quotes for your cuties!! Beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are funny moments you are capturing...and the photos once again are so cute, i have to tell you that their creativeness will show up more and more throughout their lives. i had no idea that the little creative things mine were doing then is still with them today in even bigger ways. it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa - I have something for you at
    http://dailygraceandmercy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is hilarious!!! I loved spending time with you guys today and getting to know the girls more... we need to get together sometime for a playdate! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.