Thursday, September 10, 2009

Lobster Fest #5

It started by accident. It was a summer day in August and the whole family was together for the weekend. After a day of play someone suggested we go all out for dinner and do steak and lobster. Thus began our late-summer tradition that's in its fifth year.

The day before we each made a tye-dye shirt, just for fun. We were greeted at the end of the driveway by the kids, who were handing out our t-shirts and directing us where to park. Very official and it set a fun tone.

The food was a group efforts, and even the one-year old got involved.


Lobster duty...
Grill masters... Porch-chillin'...I made my boys matching shirts.

Amanda and cousin Lainie...two months apart.

First Kids Fun Run. There was also glo-stick freeze tag, bobbing for marshmallows, croquet, basketball, singing with Pop's guitar.
These are my two sisters, the two who really made the day happen and did an amazing job! At the end of the day, prizes were given out for the tye-dye shirts. They thought of a prize for every person, most of them very comical.


And here is the whole group, minus Colombo and Trevor, because the little guy was too sick to stay.

And all the kids, minus Trevor.

The day was a huge success and we came away with tons of great memories. Thanks to everyone who made it happen!

7 comments:

  1. this just made me smile!!!

    I so wish that I lived close enough to my family to have done things like this when the kids were small. But those were not God's plans.....I still think we missed out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those have got to be some of the most awesome memories for kids and adults alike. You are blessed to have such a large family and so many cousins the same ages. What a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like alot of fun! the shirts are too cute also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved every picture - The shirts are great - love the group pic and cousin pic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun, fun! Already looking forward to year six!

    I love your men's matching shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I just clicked on the cousins pic to enlarge it and saw Mandy's expression! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you guys should start a summer camp! Can I sign Mason up?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.