Thursday, September 24, 2009

An Intruder-Part II

Unlike the last post, I am typing this one with two hands...yay...which only means I ought to be doing something other than blogging...but here I sit....the dishes will no doubt wait. :)

The next morning after I'd filed the police report, I went next door to my neighbor's house, where there has been a construction crew working. I asked the three guys if they'd seen anyone on my porch the day before. They said, actually yes.

A man had approached them with a wheel barrel that was clearly stolen. It still had the $250 price tag on it and he was trying to sell it for $30. They described him as being sleezy, with long, stringy hair. After he'd been rejected by them, he continued down the hill to my house, where he found the front door wide open. That's when he called out, and when no one answered he saw his opportunity when he saw my camera sitting there. The construction crew said they saw him walk into my house, but assumed someone had answered and so they went back to their work.



It made me feel better talking to them. I was thankful our house wasn't targeted in a pre-meditated sort of way. It wasn't as if someone noticed that my husband's car was gone and saw it as their chance. Instead, I think it was someone looking for money for their next fix.

I've prayed that this man would have someone come into his path who would aid him in getting the help he needs. I've been thanking God that I am in the position to have someone steal from me instead of being the one who feels the only alternative is to steal from others. He must have been fairly desperate to walk into someone's house in broad daylight when they were clearly home (evidenced by the wide open door). I am only the grace of God away from being just like that man.

But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
I Corinthians 15:10

9 comments:

  1. Wow Lisa...what a story to remind of of God's protection. So glad everyone is alright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I just read both of these, so thankful for your protection.

    he must have been very strung out to so boldly walk into your house....I am even more thankful you and the kids were all tucked away out of site. And thankful that the camera was so close to the door..he saw what he could have and didn't go further in the house!!!

    and mostly thankful for a God who sees us all the time and doesn't ever give his job of caretaker of us to anyone else!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great way to remind of God´s protection

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am thankful that the camera was near so he could get out quick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Lisa, I am just so thankful that you and the kids are safe.


    Sorry about your camera, that still stinks. But I am glad that your eyes are still above.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, I have to say I was starting to get mad as I read the first part of this post - how dare he! And then by the end, I was seeing the situation through different eyes, all because of your godly perspective on it. Still irritated at him, yes, but...love your gracious spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, so I need to keep up to reading more regularly. I am surprised this did not come up in conversation when I was over. Praise God that you and the kids are ok. I am so thankful that you guys are under the care of the Lord. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just one of the many reasons I love you so much. Even though this man stole something you truly treasure in the end you were praying for him.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.